Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guy20uk

TANE USERS - Help me. Im done with differin

For those of you that know the struggles and suggeestions ive been through. ive made up my mind. 11 weeks im not happy on the differin and tetra. I should be seeing some good results and im not. im still breaking out.

ive just ordered tane - off the web.

ive got some questions (guys please dont be mad, support and help me!!)

1) shall i continue using the differin whilst on the tane

2) what products am i not allowed to use - such as bp (i think)

3) What products should I use? Is a clean and clear face wash okay?

4) I wear contact lenses. Should I be really worried. Eyedrops?

5) I avoid certain vitimain a products and food, no?

6) I weigh about 10 and a half stone and am 6ft 2 - what dose is best, im thinking on starting 40mg a day.

7) Whats the best brand to go on? Should I go on a shitter brand than Roaccutan to cut costs?

8) How do i take my pill? With milk!

9) Is there anything I shuld do or know. Guys Im know Im going down a dangerous path. i know, im sorry. but its my life. i jus gotta do this. Im thinking of going for regular blood check ups during the course. please be supportive

The website Im ordering off is edrugnet.co.uk

please people take a look to make sure im not getting scanked.

anything i shud no pleaes tell me. ive heard the risks and lectures, i need support now. u guys. i feel like crying

i'll try my best to help you.... but that does not mean that i agree that you should go to order accutane without doctor's supervision. I got my prescription today after visiting my dermatologist.

I think you mentioned that your GP won't refer you to a dermatologist. Do what I did, get the yellow book, call each dermatologist which has the reasonable waiting period for appointment and make an appointment and tell them that you do not have a doc's referral..That's what i did, and still got an appointment with a derm. First visit he gave me minoclyine and retin-a, he asked me to see him 1 month later (which is today) agreed that it's not improving and gave me roaccutane.

I don't know much about accutane i haven't start on it yet but i have asked me derm many questions regarding it and read the brochure;

1) shall i continue using the differin whilst on the tane

use the mildest cleanser, no soap, no lanolin perfume etc, brands eg: cetaphil

2) what products am i not allowed to use - such as bp (i think)

all topical and harsh washing cleansers

3) What products should I use? Is a clean and clear face wash okay?

i think it contains SA so it's not recommended.

4) I wear contact lenses. Should I be really worried. Eyedrops?

i don't wear contact, but from the brochure, it says that you shouldn't wear contact lens when starting on accutane..once you get to know how it's making your eye feel, then you MIGHT be able to try on contacts.. I also got a bunch of stuff in the goodie bag, sorta like accutane pack, it contains mild cleanser, sunblock SPF 30 and eye drop

5) I avoid certain vitimain a products and food, no?

Vitamin A supplements are NOT ALLOWED and so are anti biotics (tetra,mino etc, apparently it causes pressure at your brain or something!!!!!) and fatty foods should be MINIMIZED( No KFC) reduce simple carbs such as sugar, soda drinks!!

6) I weigh about 10 and a half stone and am 6ft 2 - what dose is best, im thinking on starting 40mg a day.

erm...don't know how much is that in Kilograms, but i'm around 68-69 kg, he asked me to take full dosage (not sure what dosage is that). I asked if i should start on low dosage. He said, no take full dosage you're a big man doubt.gif and i said that i heard that people tend to break up severely if they start on high dosage, but he said that Yes it happens to some people but not every single one. He said he will up my dosage accordingly and see him in another 2 months and I will be on the program for 7 months!!

How much is it in UK. I'm in australia and has no insurance it's around A$100 permonth.

7) Is there anything I shuld do or know. Guys Im know Im going down a dangerous path. i know, im sorry. but its my life. i jus gotta do this. Im thinking of going for regular blood check ups during the course. please be supportive

you asked me to be supportive so i'm trying to but i'm also giving u advise, please try my method of calling dermatologist and see if they'd let you get an appointment. if you managed to get one, ask them about accutane and you need supervision while on it. Good lcuk bro.

I know acne is shit

btw, how can that pharmacy website exist? Isn't there law in UK to prevent people from getting medicines without prescription?? Btw, if you can post up a photo of your skin so we know the severity

btw, the doctor asked me to go on a generic version, it's called ORATANE....somehow psychologically i felt skeptical and told him i wanted the original manufacturer, he said it's up to me and it only cost 10-20$ more..

we all understand that acne sucks big time, but doing something illegal isn't the answer

there must be a reason your derm didn't prescribe u the tane...i want to see pics