Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chaddysbaby

RED FACE AND ACNE!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

sad.gif I CONSTANTLY HAVE A RED FACE (ALL OVER) THAT SEEMS TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH MY ACNE (EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A BLEMISH HERE AND THERE) I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! A FEW YEARS AGO I HAD A FRESH LOOKING FACE BUT NOT IT IS RED AND GROSS!! ALSO, DO YOU THINK THAT MY MAKEUP COULD BE CAUSING ME TO BREAKOUT? I USE NEUTROGENA TRUE COLOR (OR WHATEVER IT IS CALLED) HELP ME!!!!!!!!:hand:

i have exactly the same problem!! i used to have palish skin, now it looks mank, red, and dry. i need some advice 2 please.

It's possible you could have rosecia as well. Perhaps you have really sensitive skin and the products that you use are causing you to bed red. For a while I had dermatitis, I was using the wrong laundry detergent, shave gel, and cleansers. That could be your problem. Perhaps you should see a derm and get their advice.

It sounds like Rosacea to me too. If you would like to try and cover with a foundation, I currently recommend Estee Lauder's Maximum cover SFP 15 foundation. It has great coverage for red areas and gives a smooth finish. You can use it as a concealer too. I use it in light which is the lightest shade they do and it doesn't match my skin tone exactly but it's OK until I can find a better one. Check out more info here:

http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/templates/pro...UCT_ID=PROD1119

Let us know how you get on if you try it.

i don't know. my skin was just 2-months ago sun-burned red color because i had used a crapload of products in a small amount of time that ended up really damaging my skin. i was using bp, sa, scrubs, masks, exfoliating pads and ended up looking like a freak.

but now, two months later, after changing my diet and my cleansing regimen, my skin looks and feels alot healthier.

i would wholeheartedly recommend that you find a GENTLE cleanser (no alcohol, no bp, no sa, no little scrub particles, no residual film) and a non-comedogenic moisturizer and just do that for a while. a very long while. especially since you don't have acne now, this hopefully will help return your skin back to normal, but you have to be patient.

good luck!