Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a dude

should i ditch my antibiotics for accutane?

ive been on various pills and topical creams for over 2 years now and nothing has "cured" my acne. at times my acne gets much better but i still suffer occasional break outs and this really pisses me off to the point where i use cover-up (im a guy hah). my main issues rest with red marks and possibly moderate scaring... do you guys think it is worth it to switch to accutane? i guess i can live with the occasional pimple but my main problems are the occasional break outs and im really fed up with the over the top regimin im using right now (clenia face wash, an anti biotic cream, an emoliant cream, anti biotic pills, and vitamin c pills all twice a day). im 17 so hopefully my pimples will subside considerably on their own within a year or so? anyways.. bottom line if you were me what would you do? in your mind, do the risks of accutane outweigh the rewards for my praticular situation? thanks in advance for your thoughts. eusa_angel.gif

i tried minoclyline for 1 month before my doc prescribed me accutane (today!), antibiotics DIDN"T DO ANYTHING except for $44 i spent for it

I am in the same boat as a dude (cept I dont wear cover up stuff, personal preference though). But I am in the exact same position cept its been about 3 years and I am getting sick of it. Someone please help us out here...Thanks

Minocin was the worst experience ever...never again will I want to go on antibiotics for the resultats it has offered me

hi.

you're 17 - so i'd say you've got at least 5 years left of acne (early twenties is normally when it 'should' go away).

so, if the other treatments aren't working for you - i'd suggest you take the accutane.

best of luck,

tim

Sure go for it. Never know how long it will stick around. And sounds like you are willing to take the risk since it is such a downer for you.

accutane IS an antibiotic..

alright i will definitly push for it next time i see my derm.. so will my tane break out probably be pretty gnarley? im kinda scared of that.. cuz now i just look like a kid with a bit of acne... but i dont want to look so bad people feel sorry for me for several months u know? anyways... it sounds like anti biotics suck from what i have read in the forum.. is that true or are there just a bunch of bitter people?