Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JustJuice

came back from dermatologist

Hey, if you guys are following my thread, my dermatologist appointment was today. I got prescribed Roaccutane! biggrin.gif I thought it will be a struggle for me to get it but he immediately said "Roaccutane" after examining my face after 1 month of minocyline and retin-A.. I mean i haven't tried that many prescription drugs but i have tried 10000000 OTC stuff...

I was scared i wouldn't get prescribed accutane but i was relieved after he asked me if i wanted to try accutane..I said i have so many bumps, cysts and scars and he said he agreed. So yeah, i went for a blood test just now and he asked me to go to the office next week to pick up the prescription. I'm in Australia and i don't have any insurance so i have to pay full i guess. He said it's very expensive but i was relieved when it's only around 100 per month... He recommended me generic version of it called Oratane...but i felt it's dodgy and since it's only $20 more expensive i'd rather have the real thing.

Next, i asked him if i start on a low dose because i heard it's going to break out badly if i started on higher dosage, but he said NO?? He said "you're a big man" take normal dosage and he will up my dosage accordingly for 7 months! Man that's $700!! But right now i couldn't care less about money for nice skin..I'll quit smoking and that'll save me around $100 per month biggrin.gif for me to afford roaccutane...Anyway i'm excited and dunno what to expect!

Hey, if you guys are following my thread, my dermatologist appointment was today. I got prescribed Roaccutane! biggrin.gif I thought it will be a struggle for me to get it but he immediately said "Roaccutane" after examining my face after 1 month of minocyline and  retin-A.. I mean i haven't tried that many prescription drugs but i have tried 10000000 OTC stuff...

I was scared i wouldn't get prescribed accutane but i was relieved after he asked me if i wanted to try accutane..I said i have so many bumps, cysts and scars and he said he agreed. So yeah, i went for a blood test just now and he asked me to go to the office next week to pick up the prescription. I'm in Australia and i don't have any insurance so i have to pay full i guess. He said it's very expensive but i was relieved when it's only around 100 per month... He recommended me generic version of it called Oratane...but i felt it's dodgy and since it's only $20 more expensive i'd rather have the real thing.

Next, i asked him if i start on a low dose because i heard it's going to break out badly if i started on higher dosage, but he said NO?? He said "you're a big man" take normal dosage and he will up my dosage accordingly for 7 months! Man that's $700!! But right now i couldn't care less about money for nice skin..I'll quit smoking and that'll save me around $100 per month biggrin.gif for me to afford roaccutane...Anyway i'm excited and dunno what to expect!

hey~ saw your gallery, how's your face doing? are you on accutane?

Yes, I am..

Well, I'm having breakouts. But, I have a lot of redmarks and scars. eusa_sick.gif From the old acne.. sad.gif My skin it's really fuck up...that's all I gotta say... I just hope the tane might make it go away. eusa_pray.gif

I wish you alot of luck..