Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scotty

Flourescent lighting is evil!!!

Wow - I was feeling good about my skin recently thanks to the vinegar mehtod and then I was out at a bar tonight and saw my face in the miiror of a flourescently lit bathroom.

WOW. ](*,)

Every scar just jumped out at me as if they were mocking me for all the work I've put in to try and get rid of them.

I felt like shit.

Every time I walked back into the bathroom I would avoid looking at myself in the mirror. I hate that so much! #-o

If there's anything that makes me feel better about the situation it's that flourescent lighting IS NOT NATURAL. My skin even looks SO MUCH better in natural sunlight. (not that it looks great but I'm talking comparitively here).

All night I just sat there envying people w/o these damn scars that I hate so much.

Scotty I totally agree. My skin doesn't look too bad in natural lighting, but when I go into an office or conference room at work I now I look awful in that light.

My coworkers tease me about the lighting in my office - I have the overhead flourescent OFF and only have desk lighting on. 8-[ Someday, I hope to have the redmarks/scars faded so I won't have to live like a mushroom!!!

Willow

I totally know how you feel. One minute, your face looks fine. Add a little backlighting, and well, utter loss of confidence & self-esteem. Down With Flourescent (and all other Crappy) Lighting!!!

avoid being lit from underneath by a flashlight or candle. my power was out recently and I took a flashlight into the bathroom and put it on the counter. when I caught my reflection in the mirror my heart sank because my skin just looked terrible!

I know what you mean about lighting being so crucial. I have the GE Reveal light bulbs all over my house and this lighting is soooooooo nice and makes me look colorful. The damn flourescent light makes me look so pale and dead and my scars jump out! I wish they would ban these horrible light bulbs! They also seem to drain me if I am under them for to long too. icky!

seriously, this is such a major problem. i mean i would much ratehr have other disease then scarred skin. it just totally kills confidence.

i mean i can be out with freinds.. andi'd be all happy and if i accidently see myself under certain lights and see the huge craters on my face, i get depressed, it amkes me wanna stop talking to people, stop looking them in the face, and just generally hide. i mean it totally kills any outings.

and the thing is this kind of crap is permanent. i mean i can have the flu or chicken pox or black eye and that stuff goes away, this is for life. unless i can effectively treat the scars (which i doubt), i will always go thru this EVERYday, uinless all i ever do is go to the movies and then go straight home. at the mall, certain stores i cant even go in cause i know the lighting brings out all the scars. so my friends think im weird cause all of a sudden i'd say "hey i'll wait for u guys outside the store"

i honestly dontknow how i'm ever gonna ask a girl out.. ever. i mean i had enoguh troubles talking to girls when i had perfect skin. now knowing i have these scars, i can never see myself askinga nyone out.. ever again. honestly ,i really do not think i wil lever ask anyone out.

acne scars are just traumatic. they scar the INSIDE, not hte outside

scartissue: there are loads of things you can get done to fix your scarring! you need to become more pro-active, research the treatments and go see some doctors armed with your research.

you'll get there in the end, just don't give up!

and remember, you see your scars 10x worse that anyone else.

--CS

and the thing is this kind of crap is permanent. i mean i can have the flu or chicken pox or black eye and that stuff goes away, this is for life. unless i can effectively treat the scars (which i doubt), i will always go thru this EVERYday

Yeah it's permanent. Not necessarily physically permanent because treatments are getting better. 10 Years ago it was just dermabrasion. But i think it is mentally permanent. I will have to do a lot of work on the inner person if i ever beat this damn scarring. I want to sort of do something why i am relatively young-before my 30s so i can salvage atleast something of my youth.

I dunno, I recon if I woke up tomorrow morning with perfect skin it wouldnt take long for me to completly forget about my scar days and get on with life in a confident/normal way.

--CS

Man, i agree with all of you guys for sure. Flourescent lighting should be banned, illegal, and burned....all of it! I always feel so depressed when i look in the mirror and there is flourescent lighting to look at yourself. I never look in the mirror when i see that there is flourescent lighting. Especially when i'm out with friendz. Otherwise i get in a really bad mood and don't feel like talking to anyone....just look, envy, and wanna go home and cry when i see all the other people around me with clear beautiful, not scaring skin ](*,) . But my mom has clear skin and she says that she also gets depressed when she looks in the mirror where there is flourescent lighting...so i guess everyone feels that way? i don't know? :D:)