Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ssslide

What is this, the doctors dont know

Hey everyone,

I need some help trying to figure out whats wrong with my skin. Hopefully one of you out there have had the same condition and had success treating it.

So, I started breaking out about 4 years ago and was cleared by antibiotics untill my acne came back full force about two years ago. The acne was mostly limited to the T-section however in the last year my cheeks have gotten very red in a small area. It almost looks as if there is a condensed patch of red on both my cheeks. My skin is clear everywhere else. I sometimes get very small pimples in my cheek area, some arent whiteheads, most of the time they are whiteheads and all are the size of pinheads.

I have tried everyone and nothign works. The doctors I see dont even know and now suggest accutane. Could this be some kind of rosacea. My family who see it say that it looks almost like a small rash on my cheeks. I dont know what to do. Please help.

Ive been to 3 different derms and they all dont know and only suggest accutane because its the only thing i havent tried and they say if it is rosacea that would work for it

Ive been to 3 different derms and they all dont know and only suggest accutane because its the only thing i havent tried and they say if it is rosacea that would work for it

How about a family doctor? Have you tried seeking help from them aside from derms? Because if your condition is serious you need serious medical help too.

I tried accupunture for 6 months. It helped clear my skin to where it is now but my cheeks did not change at all. They are still very red, and it isnt redness caused by old acne

I tried accupunture for 6 months. It helped clear my skin to where it is now but my cheeks did not change at all. They are still very red, and it isnt redness caused by old acne

Wow.....green tea maybe?

Drink nothing but green tea all day long (with the exception of milk and water).

If it doesn't help your acne, it will improve your over all health.

I've heard that Visine (eye drops) works on redness, give that a go.

Have you been to the redness forum in the "scar" section?