Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pickles3184

BP Gel not fully absorbing, clumping off

I've been on the regimen for a few weeks now, I am very depressed about my face and I 'm Hoping I found something to help, because it is ruining my life. I just switched from my leftover proactiv bp to Dan's BP Gel. I've been using basis sens. skin soap, and aveeno non-comegenic daily mousturizing lotion. After I apply the BP and wait, when I go to put on my mousturizer the BP seems to just fall of in huge flakes or clump up into whitish creamy clumps on my face when I touch it and I have to spend a long time slowly and softly rubbing them off. it happenes with and without using mousturizer, also my acne doesn't seem to be getting much better. things are healing but at the same time new ones are constantly popping up everywhere. about 2 or 3 hours into my days I have little shiny droplets of either oil or water all over my face too.. I really want this regimen to be my solution, but I need help figuring out what I;m doing wrong. Am I using too much BP?????

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME OUT

P.S. also after I wash my face is covered in dead skin flakes, what is that about?

The same thing is happening to me, but then again I use more than the recommended amount of Benzoyl Peroxide. Also I was using 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Cream, I finally got the 2.5%. We are probably not rubbing the Benzoyl Peroxide into our skin good enough, so it remains on the surface and dries up and eventually clumps or something. I don't know, all I know is that I suck with cosmetics and I'm probably doing something wrong. At least the Benzoyl Peroxide is working out for me. I notice a change with my pimples within seconds of application. I hope I get the BP Gel soon though, because I really hate creams.

Some moisturizers will cause this. Try Eucerin. And, don't apply so much; while you need a lot of BP, you need only a tiny amount of moisturizer.

The dead skin flakes are normal.

Some moisturizers will cause this. Try Eucerin. And, don't apply so much; while you need a lot of BP, you need only a tiny amount of moisturizer.

thank you I will try the Eucerin, I am a little reluctant about using it though, because I have VERY oily skin and I heard the Eucerin makes your face shiny.

You said the bp flakes off?? It sounds like you're just putting the bp onto your face and waiting for it to dry, instead of rubbing it into your pores.....

That exact same thing has happened to me also. I'll try my best to tell you what worked for me.

First off, after you wash your face, wait the full 10-15 minutes before you put your bp gel on. Your face should start to feel dry during this time so you have to time it before your face starts flaking.

When you apply the gel be sure not to use too much of it. If you are new to the regimen you want to slowly ramp up the dosage. Either way you are putting too much on, because whenever I put too much on, it will dry on m y face, not absorbed. Then I think applying the moisturizer will help the gel absorb in, and it smears the gel around. Sometimes it will look absorbed but it will still smear when you put moisturizer on. Just make sure you give yourself about 10-15 minutes after gently rubbing the gel in to make sure it's all in there before you apply moisturizer.

I have had that same problem, and I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, I will be glad to answer them.

Okay, thank you all for the help, I just recieved the eucerin today. I just put it on after washing, waiting 15, and then applying bp, rubbing BP in for about 10 mins. its a little greasy like I said, i have very oily skin so I hope it absorbs better.

Does it take everybody about 10 minutes to get the bp fully absorbed to the point where your fingers can't slide across your face anymore??? Am I using too much BP. I've been timing it and it takes about ten minutes for the BP to feel absorbed.

Thank you again, the more posts I get, the better I feel about doing this regimen, I REALLY hope this works, I'm so damn depressed.

Okay, thank you all for the help, I just recieved the eucerin today. I just put it on after washing, waiting 15, and then applying bp, rubbing BP in for about 10 mins.  its a little greasy like I said, i have very oily skin so I hope it absorbs better.

Does it take everybody about 10 minutes to get the bp fully absorbed to the point where your fingers can't slide across your face anymore???  Am I using too much BP.  I've been timing it and it takes about ten minutes for the BP to feel absorbed.

Thank you again, the more posts I get, the better I feel about doing this regimen,  I REALLY hope this works, I'm so damn depressed.

I've been on the regimen for a few weeks now,  I am very depressed about my face and I 'm Hoping I found something to help, because it is ruining my life. I just switched from my leftover proactiv bp to Dan's BP Gel. I've been using basis sens. skin soap, and  aveeno non-comegenic daily mousturizing lotion.  After I apply the BP and wait, when I go to put on my mousturizer the BP seems to just fall of in huge flakes or clump up into whitish creamy clumps on my face when I touch it and I have to spend a long time slowly and softly rubbing them off.  it happenes with and without using mousturizer, also my acne doesn't seem to be getting much better.  things are healing but at the same time new ones are constantly popping up everywhere.  about 2 or 3 hours into my days I have little shiny droplets of either oil or water all over my face too..  I really want this regimen to be my solution, but I need help figuring out what I;m  doing wrong.  Am I using too much BP?????

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME OUT

P.S. also after I wash my face is covered in dead skin flakes,  what is that about?

Yeah, I also dont really get how Dan gets it to absorb so fast in the video, it literally takes me 10 minutes. I was wondering how long it takes others to do this also????

once i rubbed off those 'lumps' of white to find out i was actually just getting badly dry skin, i rubbed half my face off which made my very mild acne look pretty moderate the next day. anyways, ive had many bp lumps, i get them when i put too much bp on one area of skin at a time without letting it fully dry in.