Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenew

importance of diet?

i know wrong forum, but this is the one where ppl will respond, I have read condrictory things about diet and wether or not it effects acne. Some say you can eat what ever u want and their is no coorilation between what you eat and your skin. Others say your diet is very important in controlling acne... what do u guys think? pleaseee and thank youu!

A recent study in a magazine has linked teenage boys who drink lots of milk do get more acne than those that don't. Not saying its true, but this would be one of the first actual scientific correlations we have ever seen.

I have heard of a similar study, but it was looking at girls only. Their research groups were a bit suspect though. A higher incidence of acne was noted for girls who had two or more servings of dairy a day, compared to those who had one or less serving a week.

Dunno what is normal where you come from, but where I live, you aint gonna find many people who have less than one serving of dairy a week (unless they are vegan or lactose intolarant I guess), so I reckon their study sample results were a bit skewed.

I have also heard about a really low incidence of acne in some pacific nations where they don't eat sugar. But the place where I read it actually said that this may not be the reason. It can't be a bad thing to limit your sugar intake though aye.

i know wrong forum, but this is the one where ppl will respond, I have read condrictory things about diet and wether or not it effects acne. Some say you can eat what ever u want and their is no coorilation between what you eat and your skin. Others say your diet is very important in controlling acne... what do u guys think? pleaseee and thank youu!

I think diet does affect some people. What ultimately causes acne is genetics, and we happen to be the unlucky ones, we can't help that we have acne but we can prevent it.

Is there a thing about our bodies that diet DOESN'T affect? One single thing?

I know, I know, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that diet CAUSES acne, but saying that it AFFECTS acne is very different.

I think I notice high sugar intake affecting my acne and I'm modifying my intake because of it. I don't think that will cure it, but I do think it will help it.

i drink a lot of milk sometimes but it doesnt seem to affect my acne too much ... my acne is actually better now at 16 than it was when i was like 13-14

regarding milk,

I read that most milk and majority of milk products have a lot of hormones from pregnant cows. These hormones then cause increased oil productionn.

another thing may be due to ethnicity,from what i read most asians and many africans are not tolerant to milk products as caucasians are.

I believe acne may be correlated with diet somewhat, but doesn't cause it..it's one piece of the pie so to speak.

Well put, however, the cow doesn't have to be pregnant to have hormones. Most cows are injected with hormones to "fatten them up" or stuff like this.

i'm not sure what to make of diet and acne. before i started the regimen, i always breakout right after eating fried stuff/ships. but after starting the regimen (which is a week ago), i ate two whole bags of chips and had no breakout whatsoever.

this makes me think that maybe they're not related at all. maybe i just blamed it on the chips before the regimen because i needed someone/something to take the blame. i don't know. eusa_think.gif

Is there a thing about our bodies that diet DOESN'T affect?  One single thing?

I know, I know, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that diet CAUSES acne, but saying that it AFFECTS acne is very different.

I think I notice high sugar intake affecting my acne and I'm modifying my intake because of it.  I don't think that will cure it, but I do think it will help it.