Notifications
Clear all

Vinegar Cured my Bacne

MemberMember
(@mikka)

Posted : 08/24/2005 3:52 pm

Hey guys

I dont pop into this forum much anymore - since I cleared up my acne I really haven't had the need - but I thought I'd pass on my experience to hopefully help some of you guys out there still struggling with acne.

Quick history on my acne before I pass on my personal bacne cure - I had pretty serious acne for 17 years (I'm 31) and had it on my face and back - the acne on my back was cystic and quite nasty whilst my face was generally less cystic.

My face has cleared up with the regimen (I use a lot less BP now than prescribed but it seems to keep my acne at bay, amazing considering I had used BP since day one but not knowing the appropriate way to apply it meant years of nasty facial acne).

My back resisted all attempts to rid it of acne - I tried accutane (was too harsh and I ended up sunburnt all the time back in Australia where I grew up so I gave up) and I tried a number of expensive topicals that did virtually nothing, I'd kind of given up hope an resigned myself to a life of bacne when I read about using vinegar on your face to get rid of hyperpigmentation so I thought I'd give it a go to get rid of the red marks on my back that had formed as a result of the cysts and would stay for weeks if not months before being joined by new fresh red marks.

So off to the supermarket I went and the only vinegar I could find was Japanese rice wine vinegar so I bought it home and tried it (I found it worked best by using it with a bit of Tea-Tree oil), well the results were amazing, within two weeks my back was clear of spots and the marks had faded significantly within three weeks. I have to say I was stunned. The truly strange thing is that its been almost a year since I first started using it (at the time nightly) my back is completely clear and now I no longer need to use it as regularly, I probably apply it once a week if that and my back stays acne free. I still have the original 375ml bottle from last year which shows how little I need to use these days.

If you've made it this far through this long post I'd like to say please give it a try (the smell can take a bit of getting used to but believe me its worth it) and thanks for listening and I wish you all the best in your fight with acne.

Good luck, hope it works for you like it worked for me.

M.

MemberMember
(@goldierocks)

Posted : 08/24/2005 5:22 pm

Congrats! DO you apply the vinegar full strength? I've heard that's rough on the face, but probably not as much so for the back.

MemberMember
(@mara89)

Posted : 08/24/2005 8:11 pm

w0o0w thats great mikka!!

of course i'll give it a try!!!!! ill start rite now nd ill let you know what i think about it smile.gif

btw, i dont hav body acne lol....ill try it in my face, i read here ((cant remember the topic)) nd it said we should use acv aka apple cider vinegar like this acv 1:8 water.......

soo lets see if it works for me!!!

MemberMember
(@rubytuesdai)

Posted : 08/25/2005 12:39 am

Did you put it on and then take a shower? Or just put it on at night, then take a shower in the morning. It seems like you would be able to smell the vinegar on you.

MemberMember
(@taghiyawat)

Posted : 08/25/2005 12:57 am

Indeed! I've been using apple cider vinegar and it works better than those expensive over the counter topicals. I wish everyone here will try it coz it does work!

MemberMember
(@juhi)

Posted : 08/25/2005 3:47 pm

i hope mikka replies....i am very curious abt this vinegar remedy...

i have severe scars on my back and arms.....a real huge blow to my self esteem eusa_wall.gif

MemberMember
(@mikka)

Posted : 08/25/2005 5:02 pm

i have severe scars on my back and arms.....a real huge blow to my self esteem eusa_wall.gif

MemberMember
(@mandapanda)

Posted : 08/26/2005 1:42 pm

I think I'll try this seeing as how I have some already...white wine vinegar to be exact. Anyway, I'm keeping a log so I'll let you all know how it goes biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@clearlyunclear)

Posted : 08/28/2005 11:55 pm

HI guys

Good to hear someone has backed me up - its not just the cheapest way to get rid of it but for me its the only way I've found to get rid of my bacne - nothing else worked.

I personally use it undiluted - bear in mind I have very oily olive skin but I still only use it on my face rarely, only if I get a spot and think I can turbocharge getting rid of the red mark thats left. My back can take any sort of treatment so I used undiluted vinegar mixed with a bit of tea-tree oil ( I found this gave the best exfoliation effects but now that the marks are all gone I have discontinued the tea-tree oil and only use the vinegar once a week or so) you can also add the taping method (just use sellotape to remove the top layer of dead skin cells if you want to ramp up the red mark removal) bear in mind thatas with all these treatments take it one step at a time and layer them to suit your skin type - if it gets too red or sensitive then dial it back, i.e dilute the vinegar and discontinue taping etc.

Now I put it on before a shower or a bath and wash it off and I still have no bacne - occasionally I'll leave it on when I go to bed but it doesn't seem to make much difference to the results - I haven't had bacne now for a year whereas I used to get at least 6 or 7 large cystic spots on my back at any one time.

Give it a go guys, I cant recommend it enough, getting rid of my bacne and the red marks associated with it with something so easy and cheap as vinegar was an amazing surprise and was such a relief given the amount of time and money I had spent on other treatments.

All the best.

M.

MemberMember
(@mr-mike-2)

Posted : 08/29/2005 5:28 am

I doubt the vinegar was the reason why it cleared up.

Your body probably turned the corner and the vineger just helped clear things up.

MemberMember
(@mikeh)

Posted : 08/29/2005 7:55 am

I doubt the vinegar was the reason why it cleared up.

Your body probably turned the corner and the vineger just helped clear things up.

MemberMember
(@kools22)

Posted : 08/29/2005 1:06 pm

How do you apply it?

MemberMember
(@mandapanda)

Posted : 08/29/2005 2:49 pm

Well, if his skin turned a corner the same day he started using vinegar -- wow, what a coincidence.

MemberMember
(@clearlyunclear)

Posted : 08/30/2005 2:41 am

Someone please post pics of the kind of vinegar they recommend for this please? I went to vons but was overwhelmed. There was so many at vons. Also, Should i get Apple cider vinegar or what? I believe intitial poster said japenanese rice vinegar?

MemberMember
(@clearlyunclear)

Posted : 08/31/2005 12:24 am

everyone on vacation or what? These forums are going slow lately. sad.gif

MemberMember
(@taghiyawat)

Posted : 08/31/2005 7:55 am

I'm using this one.

MemberMember
(@miss)

Posted : 09/04/2005 1:52 pm

Braggs apple cider vinegar ( organic one . i bought mine in GNC store ) works wonder on my skin. I am on it since 1 to 2 weeks with great resuts.

Check out the makeupalley.com site and tell me.

MemberMember
(@ppx11)

Posted : 09/06/2005 4:03 pm

i put it on with a cotton pad. just dab some vinegar (i use applecider) onto the cotton pad and apply. add some more if you need and so on. i usually do this 10-15 min before i take a shower or swim.

MemberMember
(@mikeh)

Posted : 09/08/2005 1:27 pm

Tried it, result is very good after just a week, using apple cider vinegar, apply very liberally( splash it on) before bedtime, smell soon goes. Greasy skin feels dry but not dry as when using BP. Please try it.

MemberMember
(@mikka)

Posted : 09/12/2005 12:44 pm

Tried it, result is very good after just a week, using apple cider vinegar, apply very liberally( splash it on) before bedtime, smell soon goes. Greasy skin feels dry but not dry as when using BP. Please try it.

MemberMember
(@juhi)

Posted : 09/13/2005 8:37 am

guys...has anybody thought of applying the vinegar using a spray bottle....sounds less messier than splashing or applying with hands... eusa_dance.gif

i do have one Q....is it necessary to use tea tree oil...if so should i mix it with vinegar or apply one after the other....

thanks eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@fairydust)

Posted : 09/15/2005 12:32 am

Hi, I just read this. Should I quit Retin-A Micro for a few days before I try the vinegar?

MemberMember
(@kingziggy)

Posted : 09/15/2005 8:47 pm

does anybody experience initial breakouts with vinager?

MemberMember
(@juhi)

Posted : 09/19/2005 4:47 pm

kAaA.i have used this vinegar remedy for a weekAaAand no results so farAaA.i am very dissappointed especially since everybody on this thread is experiencing awesome resultsAaA.

sighAaA.my skin became extremely red and very itchyAaA.

MemberMember
(@ppx11)

Posted : 09/21/2005 1:54 pm

kAaA.i have used this vinegar remedy for a weekAaAand no results so farAaA.i am very dissappointed especially since everybody on this thread is experiencing awesome resultsAaA.

sighAaA.my skin became extremely red and very itchyAaA.