Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JaE90

how long should i give it a try..

its been about 5 days on it and i see no changes

how long should i reallygive proactiv to work ..

and any opinions on when i should see a improvement ?

reply please biggrin.gif

I've never used it, but most people say por active sucks.... However, for some, it's a miracle. But anywyas, I'd use it for 3 weeks, and if you see improvements, continue, if not, don't. smile.gif

i wonder why it takes stuff like 3 weeks to work and it just doesnt get better from the start

like boom its been 3 weeks its going to finally work now or boom its been 2 weeks .. etc..

Unless it really irritates your skin, I would give it a full month before making your decision. Don't give up so soon.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect a product to get rid of your acne immediately, especially if you've had it for a long time and it is severe.

However, having said that, normally you should see your skin beginning to heal, even if slowly. As long as you notice a continuous improvement, that's good.

So it's not so much that in three weeks, boom, it would then work, but rather, that it is a gradual process in many cases.

I am using proactiv too and wondering if I should stop too. I have been using it four weeks now.. but I think I saw some improvement at week two. I am not sure if it will work still though but I think if you have severe acne you are suppose to give it three months. May I ask what kind of acne you have? If you have mild acne I would say two weeks should probably be it. More than mild I would give it at least three months. Update me though.. if you see improvement.. I want to know if this stuff works.

eusa_pray.gif

Unless it really irritates your skin, I would give it a full month before making your decision.  Don't give up so soon.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect a product to get rid of your acne immediately, especially if you've had it for a long time and it is severe.

However, having said that, normally you should see your skin beginning to heal, even if slowly.  As long as you notice a continuous improvement, that's good.

So it's not so much that in three weeks, boom, it would then work, but rather, that it is a gradual process in many cases.

im trying so hard not to give up on it right now... its a week and 4 days in and im breaking out bad ill give it 2 more weeks.. .