Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

redface.gif i cant help it sometimes. this weekend my family and i went to stay over at my nans who lives 3 hours away from us. my skin was really dry and peely, and i felt like poo cos id put concealer on and it didnt look good with the peely skin. i just wanted to wash my face and moisturise, but i hate lookin like crap in front of even my family. my skins not that bad its just very red, dry and peely at the moment. well its improving now anyway cos im not wearing makeup.

anyways, i was at my nans, we'd been there for about an hour. my nan had commented that my skin looked quite sore, but in a concerned and loving way, nothing to make me offended or anything. iv always been really close with her so i dont mind her or my mum/dad commenting on stuff like that.

anyways, we took our dog with us (hes a little pug called darcy). hes only a few months old, and has tiny but sharp teeth. i was playing with him n he suddenly leapt up and bit my chin. hes done this before but this time i wasnt prepared. my skin was already VERY dry, and when he bit my chin it really REALLY hurt. it felt as bad as if someone punched you in your nose (you know where your eyes water really bad). i suddenly just broke down and cried, and quickly went upstairs to the bathroom. i didnt mean to start crying, i never cry in public. i looked in the mirror, and i was bleeding from where the stupid dog had caught my dry skin. everyone was really worried about me, but i just felt stupid, like id made a big drama out of nothing.

i also used to cry alot when i was washing my face or putting makeup on, because i just felt like i looked ugly and red. it was so horrible, i keep getting like this. its like iv become over-sensitive to everything. i cant relate to that lads topic that said 'acne toughens u up' or whatever, because it hasnt toughened me up at all!!

just so you know btw, im not an unhappy person, at the moment im quite happy, im just even more emotional than i was before i had acne wacko.gif

aww, robyn, i'm really sorry to hear that. i totally understand though. acne makes me feel like a freak. i become super-obsessive and i feel so ugly that some days (not too many days) i just want to cry and always it seems at the most inopportune time, like when someone's looking at me or when i look at someone with clear skin or when i blink or when i cough or anything! (i'm kidding a little bit, but you get the picture.)

just remember that this is not you, and that when you feel in control of your skin, even before it clears, that you will feel much better. in the meantime, distract yourself with books, movies, funny friends, anything that'll make you stop thinking about it. but you'll feel better even before you look completely clear, and feeling better will make you look better, so that's good.

good luck!

it sounds like you' are constantly aware of your face, and that brings so much stress and pressure on you, so its not surprising you shed some tears.

But it sounds like you have a lovely family, they won't care about your sore skin, please don't worry so much!

Byz

awwwww sad.gif You're so pretty from what I could see in your avatar piccy. wub.gif Don't worry hun, I feel your pain. My skin still gets all dry and crackly. The other day I was at a bar-b-que at a friends house and my hand like REMAINED in front of my chin area with a napkin. I was making believe I was trying not to be rude by talking with my mouth full or whatever, but the truth was that behind that napkin was my crackly spackly BP'ed skin!!! confused.gif

I'm sorry you feel like you over-reacted. But we here know, your reaction was justified and it's a hard road we have to take! Hang in there sweetie eusa_angel.gif

thx loads every1! yeh i think the reason i get like that is cos i think about my skin too much. its nearly always on my mind, so maybe i just get stressed about it. bein on this site has helped me a lot to tell you the truth, like hearing about other people's experiences and how they got through it, etc.

its horrible aswell when you think you're clearing up, so you start gettin happier, and then you get a breakout. thats whats happening right now to me, so im just carryin on with the regimen anyway because that helped me with clearing up in the first place.

my family are really supportive, and im a bit harsh on them sometimes, which i shouldnt be. its just i snap at them sometimes when theyre buggin me cos im in the bathroom for ages, or iv accidentally bleached a towel. its just it gets kind of too much, know what i mean? im sure u do. anyways thanks 4 your support its helped alot. im meetin up with friends tomorrow, and goin out over the weekend, so itll get it off my mind. i cant wait till college starts either, cos then i wont be so paranoid, because il have more important things to do like not failin all my subjects lol.

anyways thanks smile.gifsurprised.gif

Guest *Clara

My skin is very light and it gets red easily. I can relate about how your face can look sore. I scrub really well with a cleanser and if I do it to acne it looks bright red and sore. I have to scrub really well everyday or else I'll start breaking out without question. So just know that your not alone in this. smile.gif Ice and cucumber slices really help irritated skin and breakouts. wink.gif

thx loads every1! yeh i think the reason i get like that is cos i think about my skin too much. its nearly always on my mind, so maybe i just get stressed about it. bein on this site has helped me a lot to tell you the truth, like hearing about other people's experiences and how they got through it, etc.

its horrible aswell when you think you're clearing up, so you start gettin happier, and then you get a breakout. thats whats happening right now to me, so im just carryin on with the regimen anyway because that helped me with clearing up in the first place.

my family are really supportive, and im a bit harsh on them sometimes, which i shouldnt be. its just i snap at them sometimes when theyre buggin me cos im in the bathroom for ages, or iv accidentally bleached a towel. its just it gets kind of too much, know what i mean? im sure u do. anyways thanks 4 your support its helped alot. im meetin up with friends tomorrow, and goin out over the weekend, so itll get it off my mind. i cant wait till college starts either, cos then i wont be so paranoid, because il have more important things to do like not failin all my subjects lol.

anyways thanks smile.gif  surprised.gif

Yeah, I'm with you there, Robynxo. Acne hasn't toughened me up either, unless you count apathy, which can often be mistaken for confidence eusa_whistle.gif

Mostly it's made me a blithering, sobbing, insecure, useless pile of twitching nerves....sorry, I'm having a bad day too, lol.

the dry skin problem has plagued me ever since getting off the regimen and even before it. It is a pain and my Homostosis is all messed up (sp?). I think that's the skin water/oil balance.

Maybe we should drink more water

anyway robyn, you're very pretty, and i'd move back to england to marry you any day :-D