Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tinlamisu

Tattoo while on Accutane?

Wondering if I could get a tattoo when I'm on Accutane?

I've been on it for almost a month, and I really want a tattoo so bad!

Any answers would be appreciated.

Piercings aren't as bad since the injury is more localized, but your healing response is slowed on Accutane and you ought to wait for those too, to lower the risk of infection. Especially if you are looking at a piercing in a location known to be more difficult to heal.

eusa_eh.gif , r you joking? LOL. NOoooooooooooooooooooooo Tatoos for upto one year after accutane. I mean: you could get one but it would look like a huge ink blot. But, if you're going for the Rorschach look, then go for it?

I wouldn't get a piercing either, unless it's a simple earlobe piercing. Anything involving cartilage, don't go there. Your healing could be drastically slower and cause problems (not to mention pain!).

Mae

tattoos no way, piercings yes.

I have had several piercings whilst I was on accutane, both ear and body, my piercer and doctor was intially worried becuase I have a slow healing rate anyway as a diabetic but none of them took more than a week longer than approximate date to heal.