Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys

I have found it very hard to apply make-up ontop of the bp...I was wondering if wiping off the excess bp that is left on the skin about 30 minutes after the application is bad?

If so would it be better to simply use the bp at night?

Thanks for your help!! eusa_boohoo.gif

Hi Mlle_Mode,

Are you using Dan's BP gel? Because it's probably the best BP to use especially if you want to wear make-up on top. His gel doesn't tend to clump up at all, I love the stuff!

Anywho, do the regimen like usual. Then after moisturizing, wait about 2 minutes. With clean hands, gently and softly slough off any excess BP/lotion from your face. You'll see the little excess clumps fall off. Do it nice and gentle, never irritating your skin. Then you should be able to apply your makeup with no problems. I hope that helps, let us know! smile.gif

Hi Mlle_Mode,

Are you using Dan's BP gel?  Because it's probably the best BP to use especially if you want to wear make-up on top.  His gel doesn't tend to clump up at all, I love the stuff!

Anywho, do the regimen like usual.  Then after moisturizing, wait about 2 minutes.  With clean hands, gently and softly slough off any excess BP/lotion from your face.  You'll see the little excess clumps fall off.  Do it nice and gentle, never irritating your skin.  Then you should be able to apply your makeup with no problems.  I hope that helps, let us know!  smile.gif

Thanks so much!

That's what I have been doing but then I thought that maybe it was bad to take off the bp. But the skin absorbs it right? So wipiing off the excess really shouldn't be a problem.

Alright well thanks so much for your help smile.gif

If you're having to rub off excess dried BP that's just lying on the skin then I'd suggest not applying quite as much BP to those areas and see if that improves things.

Also maybe trying a BP gel instead of cream. You might find it'll absorb better so you wont be left with excess BP.

Just a thought! biggrin.gif

Another option for you is what I do. After I am done with my Regimen stuff, I put on a bit of pressed powder and that's all. No foundation. I've found it looks more natural, and doesn't want to streak like foundation tends to do.

Another option for you is what I do. After I am done with my Regimen stuff, I put on a bit of pressed powder and that's all. No foundation. I've found it looks more natural, and doesn't want to streak like foundation tends to do.

a bp gel? Isn't that what Neutrogena's "On the Spot" is? If not, and if I may be so bold, which brand do you use?

I've got no idea about Neutrogena OTS, we dont have that over here (UK).

In the past when I've used cream BP (ie: Clearasil/Oxy) I've found they always leave an excess on the skin that rubs off whenever I've applied make up sad.gif

I don't use BP at the mo, but after reading people's success with it on here I'm going to give it another go. I'm gonna use Panoxyl Aquagel in the hope it'll sink in better than the creams I used to use. Here's hoping anyway. I can only try! smile.gif

Guest mishmosh

how much cream do you get with n. on the spot?

I read that some of you do not use foundation, but use pressed powder. What brand of pressed powder do you use? I am using Cover girl foundation right now, but I am getting clumps of dried/excess bp gel when I apply my foundation after I moisturize, so maybe pressed powder is the way to go?

I read that some of you do not use foundation, but use pressed powder.  What brand of pressed powder do you use?  I am using Cover girl foundation right now, but I am getting clumps of dried/excess bp gel when I apply my foundation after I moisturize, so maybe pressed powder is the way to go?

Guest mishmosh
in the tube wally walnut! haha

biggrin.gif

haha oops redface.gif Not very much...I would love to have dan's bp gel instead because you get so much more for the same price...With OTS you get about 21 mL for $10 (CAN)...Expensive!

What do you use?

Guest mishmosh

oh Canada!

oh gee. biggrin.gif

We really dont do abreviations over here!

That is a tiny tube

in the tube wally walnut! haha

biggrin.gif

haha oops redface.gif Not very much...I would love to have dan's bp gel instead because you get so much more for the same price...With OTS you get about 21 mL for $10 (CAN)...Expensive!

What do you use?

Guest mishmosh

chuckle I dont know what a full ounce is!! Let alone a Canadian dollar !!

Everything is in mls over here in the UK

I read that some of you do not use foundation, but use pressed powder.  What brand of pressed powder do you use?  I am using Cover girl foundation right now, but I am getting clumps of dried/excess bp gel when I apply my foundation after I moisturize, so maybe pressed powder is the way to go?

I've found that if you try to use a powder foundation, a matte foundation (such at Estee Lauder Double Matte) or another clarifying foundation such as Clinique's Clarifying foundation, they will not spread and blend over benzol peroxide. I've been skipping bp in the morning under my makeup but I'm starting to see a lot more oil and my skin doesn't look as nice so currently I'm at a loss as to what foundation to use. I NEED to use the bp morning and night so maybe I'll skip the foundation as well.