Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been thinking about doing dermabrassion since I figure a full chemical peel would be worthless since I only have scars on my cheeks. I cant seem to find many doctors here that do it. (Ottawa Canada) I found one but it looks like he charges $4 $5 thousand dollars. Does this price seem right??

Here is a medical journal about dermabrasion. Pay attention to the risks of this procedure.

I am 6 month post dermabrasion, the skin is still red (not sure if it will ever go away!!), extensive pigment loss, shiny surface, and of course, very visible demarcation line because of the difference in skin tone and texture.

Good luck.

I have been thinking about doing dermabrassion since I figure a full chemical peel would be worthless since I only have scars on my cheeks. I cant seem to find many doctors here that do it. (Ottawa Canada)  I found one but it looks like he charges $4 $5 thousand dollars. Does this price seem right??

Stamanda

Please do not do dermabrasion. Or at the very least hold off on it until you have tried some other treatments over the next year. Your skin looks very nice. From the photo I can only see one or two scars and they look shallow maybe borderline moderate. Maybe try needling or subcision or spot Fraxel or a combination of all three.

kooky

If you're only gonna your cheeks done it would work out a fair bit cheaper.

Has anyone done a spot treatment with dermabrasion? If so, would the skin look different there than the rest of the face (pigment & texture wise). I am curious!

jeffh,

I am glad you healed well. The mentioned side effects are inherent risks of dermabrasion. I had my done by a very reputable doctor with tons of dermabrasion experience on his belt. Having it done by experienced surgeons may reduce the chance of further scarring, but you never know how you would heal from such an invasive procedure.

Stamanda,

I agree with kooky, your skin texture looks very nice, please stay off any invasive procedure to KEEP it nice.

I didn't have any pigment problems  and you  can see in my photos I tan easy.I would make sure your surgeon has plenty of experience in dermabrasions.I've read some pretty bad stories on how some dermabrasions turned out.

I couldn't agree more...A dermabrasion is so invasive that I wouldn't get another one done.Like you said even with an experienced surgeon you still don't know how the skin will heal.Dr. James Fulton, a well known dermatologist thats done thousands of dermabrasions said the results can't be predicted.I would like to know how many people are really satisfied with the results 12 to 18 months later after everything is healed and all the swelling gone.Alot of people that are happy with their dermabrasions(from thisand other websites) posted their results within a month of having it done when the swelling is hiding the scars that are still there.I've read where some people say they've had a 90% improvement and had it done 2 weeks ago.

I love the fact that I had a dermabrasion done 9 months ago. But there is 3-4 months down time meaning having a redness to the face for 6 mths. But I have less scars than before and in another year afteer my skin is not sensitive, I will do one more for icepick scars. It was worth everything b/c your skin on face is what you must look at every day.