Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
appleworm

Here's what helped my acne

I'm a 19 year old male and I have had moderate/bad acne since I was in the 7th grade. I always had at least 1 zit on my face everyday...sometimes small, sometimes big. And they usually hurt bad lol. After using the Regimen with Nature's Cure, my acne made a DRAMATIC improvement within a month. Nature's cure comes with 10% BP cream (non-smelly) and some chewable tablets which they say are natural, but I don't really care because they work haha.

I've tried Proactiv, demotologists, and a lot of over the counter medicines...it kinda worked, but it didn't clear my skin completely. I've never tried Acutane because I heard just too many negative things about it.

Yeah, so basically, I now use Nature's Cure, the bp that comes with it, purpose soap (I LOVE IT), and Eucerin lotion for dry skin (althought I have moderately oily skin, it gets dry with the bp so you need the lotion).

For the first month, I kept at the tablets (2 a day), purpose soap, bp, and Eucerin lotion everyday for a month and the big improvements came. I had MANY days after the first couple weeks of having no new pimples formed. Quite amazing for me.... The only bad thing is my face HAD to have lotion after the bp dried, otherwise, it would be extremely flakey and gross. I could scratch my face and have skin scrape up under my fingernails (gross). So the next month, I took 1 tablet a day, and skipped some random steps here and there for about a week, and my skin seemed to still be good as long as I didn't skip more than 1 step. As I'm typing this, I have one zit on my left cheek which I think is because I scratched it lol.

For the month, I learned you should NOT touch your face.

Be easy when you apply stuff to your face or wash it. Splash, around eyes to get the soap off, then splash the other parts of face...I try not to touch too much.

Don't scrub your face with the towel but pat to dry.

I noticed it kinda helps to change your pillowcase often (I do it once a week).

Be positive.

Wear sunscreen when in the sun, or you will get pimples the next day. (I always thought the tan made my face look better, but a day or two later, pimples start to form. All the tan really does is hide the red pimples for a day or so, then you get new ones).

Don't sleep on your face.

If you have a zit, don't keep touching it unless you're popping it. Just gets redder as you touch it. If its white, I'd pop it lol.

If you have an itch on your face, don't scratch, think of something else.

hmmmm...that's it for now. I hope someone will try the nature's cure + regimen because it's really the only thing that made a huge difference for me.

I'm a 19 year old male and I have had moderate/bad acne since I was in the 7th grade. I always had at least 1 zit on my face everyday...sometimes small, sometimes big. And they usually hurt bad lol. After using the Regimen with Nature's Cure, my acne made a DRAMATIC improvement within a month. Nature's cure comes with 10% BP cream (non-smelly) and some chewable tablets which they say are natural, but I don't really care because they work haha.

I've tried Proactiv, demotologists, and a lot of over the counter medicines...it kinda worked, but it didn't clear my skin completely. I've never tried Acutane because I heard just too many negative things about it.

Yeah, so basically, I now use Nature's Cure, the bp that comes with it, purpose soap (I LOVE IT), and Eucerin lotion for dry skin (althought I have moderately oily skin, it gets dry with the bp so you need the lotion).

For the first month, I kept at the tablets (2 a day), purpose soap, bp, and Eucerin lotion everyday for a month and the big improvements came. I had MANY days after the first couple weeks of having no new pimples formed. Quite amazing for me.... The only bad thing is my face HAD to have lotion after the bp dried, otherwise, it would be extremely flakey and gross. I could scratch my face and have skin scrape up under my fingernails (gross). So the next month, I took 1 tablet a day, and skipped some random steps here and there for about a week, and my skin seemed to still be good as long as I didn't skip more than 1 step. As I'm typing this, I have one zit on my left cheek which I think is because I scratched it lol.

For the month, I learned you should NOT touch your face.

Be easy when you apply stuff to your face or wash it. Splash, around eyes to get the soap off, then splash the other parts of face...I try not to touch too much.

Don't scrub your face with the towel but pat to dry.

I noticed it kinda helps to change your pillowcase often (I do it once a week).

Be positive.

Wear sunscreen when in the sun, or you will get pimples the next day. (I always thought the tan made my face look better, but a day or two later, pimples start to form. All the tan really does is hide the red pimples for a day or so, then you get new ones).

Don't sleep on your face.

If you have a zit, don't keep touching it unless you're popping it. Just gets redder as you touch it. If its white, I'd pop it lol.

If you have an itch on your face, don't scratch, think of something else.

hmmmm...that's it for now. I hope someone will try the nature's cure + regimen because it's really the only thing that made a huge difference for me.

Maybe sleeping on your face doesn't necessarily irritate your skin(but maybe it does). I think it's one of those things, like diet, that affects people differently because I only sleep on my right side and I rarely ever break out there. If you have to sleep on your side maybe you can try just sleeping on one side for a while and see if the other side(that you're not sleeping on) seems to improve or not.