Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdc

help me out please

hey ive been taking minocycline for about 2 months now and it worked really well, my pimples went away but now im left with the reduced version of what they once were + some other red marks ive just had for awhile. im pretty sure these are red marks that are just staying there after the pimple has gone. i also went down to mexico for about a week this summer so maybe that made the red marks worse too but i am just tired of having these red marks, id rather have acne and no marks rather than no acne and red marks. well if you guys could take a look at my skin and tell me some things that i can do id appreciate it.

btw ive been using clean and clear deep cleansing cream, on-the-spot, cetaphil lotion with spf 15, and at night some blue corn mask thats supposed ot help me. ive tried delna's method and i dont know if it really helped or not, maybe ill go back on it. ive also been considering going to go get a glycolic peel or something or micro dermabrasion but i dont know anything about these kinds of operations. if you guys could reply back with some products i should use or some operations i can try, thatd be great.

anybody know some wild method that will help fade these marks in about a month? i dont want to go to college with tons of these redmarks. sad.gif

post-28009-1124846447_thumb.jpg

post-28009-1124846457_thumb.jpg

post-28009-1124846465_thumb.jpg

post-28009-1124846472_thumb.jpg

post-28009-1124846447_thumb.jpg

post-28009-1124846457_thumb.jpg

post-28009-1124846465_thumb.jpg

post-28009-1124846472_thumb.jpg

start out using a retinoid at nite (retin-a) and a hydroquinone (4%) product or azelaic acid..those have been PROVEN to work! but dont give up it takes time! as in months!

Hi jdc,

I'm not sure if there's any miracle cure that will make them completely disappear in just a month eusa_think.gif But perhaps there is something you can do to soften the redness a little. I've tried a million things for redmarks, and none have worked completely....but I did see minimal results with a couple of things. There is a product line called Vita-K, it's a type of skin lightening lotion. My skin tone did appear to even out a little with this. (you can do a general google search for it) Also, any lotions with AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) seem to even out skin tone. As well as lotions with hydroquinone, like presrox mentioned. There's also Delna's method, many people have seen results with it.

But remember that there is no immediate miracle cure for red marks. There may be some temporary solutions that make redmarks appear slightly less harsh. And many, many of these "solutions" only aggravate acne. So if you'd like to try anything to soften the redmarks a little, be sure to continue treating any active acne. That is the most important thing you can do. Make sure you don't irritate your skin and breakout. Give the redmarks time, they will heal. It takes months, but don't lose hope because I'm proof that they can fade away eventually.

Go to college and have fun, remember that we're our worst critics! I'm sure you're just as handsome anyway....can't see your pics very well but your earlobes are cute! wink.gif Smile hun, you'll be fine!

I have marks like that, I have limited success with the following :

Neosporin, I suggest using on affected areas nightly for a week and if you see no improvement stop. I used for 3.5 weeks but only saw improvement for the first 5 days or so.

Glycolic Peels will help, just don't go overboard, either do one a week or use 6%-10% glycolic acid nightly. Always start with the lowest concentration if you've never used it because it can be quite hardcore. Your skin will quickly get used to it tho and you will have to get a stronger solution.

Other stuff you could try is drinking water with a little lemon sqeezed in throughout the day and also the homeopathic treatment silicea.

mine is similar to yours and i believe it had something to do with the misuse of bp..

but when i found that out i stopped using it and came back to SA

i hate myself for what i did.. it started out with one annoying pimple on my forehead and then because of that i had to mess with a kazillion products which lead to the redmarks.. urgghh

hey, i have the EXACT same problem as u , but noticed the red marks faded slightly whilst on the accutane...but lots since coming off however they are still there and theres lots of them on the cheek area, so at the minute iv been noticeable but slow improvement with

Garnier Pure A moisturiser and Garnier Pure A Intensive Night Gel

ill see what theyre like in 6 months before i consider a peel

but these are both good products as they arent harsh to the skin and they do actually work, just need patience , all the best xox

has anyone ever tried something called v beam for their red marks? im considering it cause it looks like it works for red makrs, but i need some more info on it, if anyone knows how to find a center that offers this operation help me out or if anyone ekse has had it done, did it work?

has anyone ever tried something called v beam for their red marks? im considering it cause it looks like it works for red makrs, but i need some more info on it, if anyone knows how to find a center that offers this operation help me out or if anyone ekse has had it done, did it work?

....can't see your pics very well but your earlobes are cute!   wink.gif  Smile hun, you'll be fine!

oh surewhatever, you totally rock, that's so cuuute biggrin.gif

anyway, i'm a big fan of your do nothing approach towards redmarks. keep selling it, esp since it's free, unlike all the magic lotions and potions

I notice that when my red marks are more pronounced, it is usually also when my acne is more active or my skin is generally irritated.

Your skin actually doesn't look so bad, but it looks like the acne could still be active, though maybe not always obvious. I really wish I could give you advice, but I am not exactly sure what could help. I posted a new thread about a product I just found online, though, if you want to have a look. Maybe it could be helpful.

Best wishes! eusa_angel.gif

You have to wait for your skin to renew from the bottom layer to the top. It is a long way there, only thing that may help are peels, but you dont want to peel a 1mm-thick layer of skin at once =O

So solution is to wait a lot =/ I have lots of those too, and last time I did a journal, I found that big red ones would fade in about 4-5 months, or more! =O

btw, how does this work?

Other stuff you could try is drinking water with a little lemon sqeezed in throughout the day

use sunscreen

i guess it makes red marks worse....not sure...**humm

IPL works well for people with a light skin tone...my redmarks look like yours except some of mine are brown...you should try using a retin-a at night with a bleaching cream...just remember to use sunscreen because it will redmarks worst. Redmarks do look a little better after some sun exposure but it actually makes your redmarks darker and last longer...im using the Nu-derm system right now...in my 4th week...i will keep you posted if it works.....

but in the meantime...get plenty of exercise, be healthy, because it really helps....most importantly, stay positive and smile =)

goodluck