Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carissalynn

Need advice from someone quick!

Hi guys- I need good advice. Now this is gross, bare with me, all those shy of gross things don't read!

I have a really big huge cyst on my chin that refuses to go away! What's worse is that it keeps scabbing up, filling with pus, scabbing again, and just not healing at all. It looks totality disgusting. It's been there for like a week now, and I have to wear makeup to work, so it looks like this huge white spot on my chin when I cover it. I can't stand it not one more minute.

I tried neosporin, I tried cortizone cream, I have put retin a on it before i went to bed, I tried peroxide, and bp cream. I took extra vitimen C, thinking that could speed healing. Any other sugestions? How can I make this go away any faster?

Any and all advice would be wonderful!

Sorry so gross guys!!!! confused.gif

Obviously do not pick.My advice....

Use something to kill the bacteria but SA & BP are too harsh & will dry it out and make it more likely to scar. Use a wash with PCMX eg. /toner made from dettol & water (4% PCMX) or a smilar antibacterial agent & put on neosporin cream (not ointment if poss).

At night wash with antibacterial agent & cover in blob of vaseline but a little while before bed so it absorbs then make sure it is nicely covered with vaseline when you go to bed. Keeping it moist will help it heal faster and with minimal scarring.

I had the same thing happen to me before I went on accutane. My best advice which I guess isn't very helpfull is to give it time. If you leave it alone it will eventually heal. It sucks but it will eventually go away. Do you see a derm?

Thanks for your advice. Yes, i have been to a derm. before about 6 months ago, I just can't afford to go back. I still owe money for injections I had done. Thats what I hate about acne, it just keeps coming back, what is the point of getting shots in your face every month?

I might have to try accutane if this acne keeps up, I just keep hoping that i will clear up. Anyway, I will try the neosp. cream again and keep praying this big huge &^%* cyst goes away!!!!

Have you guys seen the new bandaids made with silver? I am trying that too, it is suposed to heal wounds faster, take the swelling down, so I thought, "why not"? I have one on right now.

Well see. Thanks guys for your advice.

What bandaid is this? Is it for your face? I have never heard of this before. Good luck!

Meghan

It's called bandaid silver, i think. In the middle is a pad made with alumunin. I think i spelled that wrong! Anyway, it is suposed to speed healing.