Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneGran

This Regimen Works!

Found acne.org early this summer when I was having real trouble with breakouts (I'm in my early 60s and was still having periodic trouble with acne). I also have rosacea. I started Dan's Regimen in mid-May and am delighted to report great success with it. My skin is clearer than it's been in years, and now I know how to keep it that way.

I started with the Neutrogena On-the-Spot twice daily but after about a week I switched to the Paula's Choice 2.5% BP (Blemish Fighting Solution). Likewise, I started with the the recommended Neutrogena moisturizer, but it proved too pore-clogging for me and I changed to 100% aloe vera gel as my moisturizer. From the beginning I've used the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar (wash very gently twice daily only, blot dry with a clean white washcloth). And from the beginning I worked hard to keep my hands away from my face (a long-standing habit, but I'm convinced a very bad one for those of us with acne-prone skin).

It took almost two months for my skin to clear. When my skin had been clear for two weeks, I began using BP only at night and the aloe vera only in the mornings. Sometime after I'd been on the Regimen for several weeks, I started ordering samples of mineral makeups and after my skin had stayed clear for a while, I began using mineral foundation (a fairly light dusting, just enough to even out my skin tone).

Not only do I now have clear skin, but the Regimen and the mineral foundation have helped, not hurt, my rosacea. I have much less redness -- so little, in fact, that just to look at me you'd never guess I'm a rosacean. I still get the occasional whitehead, but I just continue my "maintenance Regimen" of 1 finger of BP all over my face every night, and it clears up within 24 hours.

Just wanted to share this success, so those of you still struggling know that there truly is light at the end of this tunnel. eusa_dance.gif

It's great to hear success stories like yours. I myself have a similiar one. It goes to show you how sticking to something can really prove itself worth it in the end. smile.gif

Acnegran.....that so is a name of a hero. Grans are also very in right now.

Acnegran the greatest hero of them all!!!

(Totally off topic but your username is so cool)

Acnegran.....that so is a name of a hero. Grans are also very in right now.

Acnegran the greatest hero of them all!!!

(Totally off topic but your username is so cool)

lol i thought that 2. love it! eusa_dance.gif