Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenew

Additional Tips/Techniques

Besides the regimen what other things do all you peopledo to control your acne? I heard stress can be a factor so I try to control my stress, also the diet portion and not sleeping face down on your pillow, not touching your face, washing gently... does anyone have any tips or techniques that can help with controling acne or know of any wesites or anything... Thanks alot for any help

hmmmm, I drink green tea daily, but I started that as a general health thing, then someone posted on here that it was helpful for acne, so I guess that would count too.

I also drink alot of water/iced tea. Sleep on clean pillowcases, don't touch my face at all unless absolutely necessary. I never ever ever skip the Regimen, no matter how inconvenient it may be.

- never go a day without the regimen

- use a clay mask/masque occasionally; it really helps with pore size and oily skin

- drink at least 6 cups of water daily

- get enough sleep

- don't touch your face, and make sure your sheets are clean

- exfoliate every once in a while to get rid of dead skin

I recently started adding in (for multiple reasons) some anti-stress b vitamin formula crap, I have a cyst forming for some reason and I really dont care as much as I used to, I feel kind of chill, fully recomend anything that relieves stress. Might not cure your acne but if you dont care f-it.

Guest mishmosh
dont pick or pop

i think its ok to pop when its a whitehead, just as long as u follow dans way of popping

Guest mishmosh

thanks! I had a look

I feel sick now haha

Guest >:(

I press my face against the stove every morning and burn off the bacteria. Don't worry it's an electric range.

QUOTE(>:( @ Aug 24 2005, 06:51 PM)
I press my face against the stove every morning and burn off the bacteria. Don't worry it's an electric range.

eusa_eh.gif

Guest mishmosh

gawd!

call the men in white coats ! haha

- use a clay mask/masque occasionally; it really helps with pore size and oily skin

- get enough sleep

Look for masks at any drug store. Aveda has a great one, but it is pricey.

When I want to exfoliate, I just crush up some aspirin into my face wash. It does a pretty good job. I wouldn't do this more than once a week though.

If you want to go pro with the exfoliation you could get something like microdermabrasion or a chemical peel but those can be costly. Neutrogena has an over the counter dermabrasion system and mask that is supposed to help with red marks as well. For me it is important to get that nasty upper layer off every now and then but if you do things like that just make sure your skin is ready for it. If the bp irritates your skin you should definately wait until you get used to it before messing with it any more.

I recently started adding in (for multiple reasons) some anti-stress b vitamin formula crap, I have a cyst forming for some reason and I really dont care as much as I used to, I feel kind of chill, fully recomend anything that relieves stress. Might not cure your acne but if you dont care f-it.

- get enough sleep

how do you exfoliate and where do you get these masks?