Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr.420

nothign works but fucking time

aloe, scarzone, fuck its all its stupid, nothing works but fucking time to fade those marks, i just cant see it, i cant see anythign working and im depressed becaus eive tried everything, screw it

i can agree with that man, but otherwise im just gonna wash my face with st. ives medicated apricot scrub and use nothing else exept maybe bp spot treatment if a fatty comes up. but im with you on sunscreen for sure. if after 3 weeks of just washing and im not clear, of redmarks and most acne ill be suprised. i wouldent be doing this without a good face wash though. i have just given up on putting shit on my face and shit, im ready to be clear again just like back in the day when i had acne and i kept it simple.

mr.420,

I've battled with red marks for about THREE years, at least. To me, they were not going away. It was driving me crazy. I tried everything....EVERYTHING. I'm serious, I was using all the contents in my kitchen and bathroom cabinets and then some. There were times when I was clear of acne, but all that remained were the damn red marks. And I didn't feel clear because the shits made me look like I still had acne!! eusa_wall.gif So I slathered on tons of products. All the while, I'd start breaking out all over again, Which meant more NEW redmarks! mad.gif it was a cycle that I saw no end to.

I would come in here and read and try everything that everyone suggested. And I told myself, if i find the f*cking cure for these blasted things, I'm going to fly in here and post it for the WORLD to see. I'll counsel people and tell them step by step how I finally got rid of them. I'm going to shout it out and damned if I won't help people get rid of these asshole redmarks from hell.

And then I gave up. NOTHING was working. I was depressed as hell about it. I decided to just get rid of the active acne, and f*ck the redmarks, leave the shits there. So, I got clear. 100% clear. No acne to be seen, not a bump. The redmarks lived on, and I just covered them with makeup. At least I didn't have a million zits invading my face, at least with makeup I looked smooth and flawless. I settled for no active acne, redmarks and all. eusa_pray.gif

A few months passed, and all I did was keep myself clear. I paid no attention to the redmarks that used to be an obsession to me. I made believe I didn't even see the f*ckers. Months and months passed, continued with the regimen, kept clear of acne. If I can give it a time frame, because it happens so gradually you hardly even notice....I think it was about six months. Six months of being 100% clear of active acne. I noticed I was using less and less makeup. Why?? Because the redmarks were getting lighter and lighter. How the hell?? But I've done NOTHING! Less and less makeup, and I knew it was true. The shits are finally fading!!!!! I thought I would be buried with a redmark ridden face! Nope, they are going....slowly but surely, they are fading. Who would ever believe that that's the thing to make them fade? F*cking time of all things.

I had promised I would come here and post for all the world to see if I finally got rid of my redmarks. But you know what? I didn't. because who the hell wants to hear, "Just leave them alone. The cure is to do nothing. treat your active acne, and they'll go away in time." No one wants to hear that they have to wait. No one wants to hear that there isn't something they can do to make them fade faster. Everyone wants a solution, a perfect, FAST solution. Products, regimens, whatever. They want to be able to do SOMETHING. How can I come on here and tell people to leave them alone? No one will believe and people will continue to try all sorts of solutions and potions. They want to be able to have control over the redmarks. When the truth is, you CAN'T do anything.

Nothing but WAIT. Keep clear and wait. We're at the mercy of time. But it does work. I hope I've shed some hope. And no one has to listen or believe if they don't want to. I don't expect anyone to, but I've added my three cents worth. doubt.gif

And amen, my redmarks are 99% gone eusa_pray.gif

I too have been battling with red marks left after acne for a long time. I am now 22 years old and I have had red marks since August 2000. It is now 5 years and it seems like they never faded. What happens is most red marks are so small and so cluttered that you cant keep track of them. I couldn't even tell that they faded because new very small ones would form and I would mistaken those for my old fading ones. It's very tricky and I think patience is definetley the most important thing besides prevention of new breakouts in treating post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I am now dealing with something else and I have no idea what it is. It's looks just like a pimple except almost like a scab because it is a dark purple color and it is very dry and feels just like a scab. I diagnosed myself with gram negative folliculitis from the continue use of clindamycin phosphate (topical antibiotic). I have been on acne antibiotics (orally first then topically) since I was about 14. So 8 years of using these antibiotics caused this gram negative folliculitis as far as I'm concerned. I am no doctor so I will wait until my appointment (november) with my new derm to find out what this problem really is. I stopped using my clindamycin for the first time 2 weeks ago. I am not breaking out at all. I really think I am growing out of acne. Not 100% but close to it. I don't know why I just rambled about my life story but it's always on my mind and it's easy to get off subject especially when all you think of is your face 24/7. I think of my face so much I dream about it almost every night. I'm just getting tired of always letting my facial hair grow to hide these marks. I want to be able to shave everyday even though it means getting carded everywhere I go.

aloe, scarzone, fuck its all its stupid, nothing works but fucking time to fade those marks, i just cant see it, i cant see anythign working and im depressed becaus eive tried everything, screw it

Yep I've had mine for a while too, 2 years or more I think. New pimples also grow on top of the old red marks so they just keep getting worst and worst. I get fewer break outs as I grow older but red marks doesn't seem to be fading no matter what I try. I think I'm gonna quit trying everything.

wtf? you're gonna type things like that and have the audacity to use st ives apricot scrub and bp? at least do some reading and research....

both of those will MAKE YOUR MARKS WORSE! go to a dermatologist! they're not all out to get you, they dont go through almost 10 years of college just to be your enemy. they really do help you and can give you something to help! maybe start out on a lite retinoid at nite and a prescription hydroquinone (4%) product or azelaic acid product! not doing anything wont help at all!

Guest Mr K
wtf? you're gonna type things like that and have the audacity to use st ives apricot scrub and bp? at least do some reading and research....

both of those will MAKE YOUR MARKS WORSE! go to a dermatologist! they're not all out to get you, they dont go through almost 10 years of college just to be your enemy. they really do help you and can give you something to help! maybe start out on a lite retinoid at nite and a prescription hydroquinone (4%) product or azelaic acid product! not doing anything wont help at all!

i know its embarrasing.. my current regimen keeps my skin clear.. but doesnt help redmarks.. but i think i should just let time take it away and hope that in 6 months mine will go away so next summer i can actuallly go swimming one of my most favorite thing without being embarrass..

losing weight but not being able to show ur body sucks

I don't care what anybody says. Aloe vera and ACV has been working miracles on my red marks. But I do have to attribute and keeping my face clear of active acne is helping a great deal as well.

Yep I've had mine for a while too, 2 years or more I think. New pimples also grow on top of the old red marks so they just keep getting worst and worst. I get fewer break outs as I grow older but red marks doesn't seem to be fading no matter what I try. I think I'm gonna quit trying everything.