Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blondegirl21

Did you know that Rooibos tea (red tea) is 50x's

I noticed that everyone has been posting about green tea, but Ive heard that rooibos tea has all the benefits of green tea but like 50 times more! Someone here actually reccomended it back awhile ago, which is what got me interested. Just google "rooibos tea" and read up for yourself. I havent been drinking enough of it to try to get results, but I think I will try to start doing so...it tastes better to me than green tea too. smile.gif

Thanks, I'd like to try it. I'll have to see if they have it in our area.

I just picked up some white tea today and was suprised to find it brewed just as dark as the regular tea. I bought it mainly to prevent teeth discoloration but hmmm......

well i just bought green tea so ill use that for now.. every week someone seems to have a new tea thats better.. i think in general every tea is good..i looked up red tea and although it doesnt contain any caffeine or anything.. it doesnt provide green teas powerful antioxidants which makes green tea so healthy

well i just bought green tea so ill use that for now.. every week someone seems to have a new tea thats better.. i think in general every tea is good..i looked up red tea and although it doesnt contain any caffeine or anything.. it doesnt provide green teas powerful antioxidants which makes green tea so healthy

ah i find a good site.. it does look pretty good.. and i do hate the taste of green tea lol.. im still gonna use my green tea up.. but where did you find red tea? i looked on ebay and couldnt find any.. thats where i got 100 packs of green tea for $6

You will not find red tea because it is more commonly called Rooibos Tea.

What is Red Tea?

Red Tea is also known as Rooibos (pronounce roy-boss). It is an indigenous herb of South Africa that is made from the fine needle-like leaves of the "Aspalathus linearis" plant. At the turn of the century in the Cedarberg Mountain wilderness just north of Capetown, the locals harvested the wild plants with axes and hammers, leaving them to oxidize before drying in the sun. In 1904 Benjamin Ginsberg, a Russian immigrant from a family who had been in the tea industry for generations in Europe, began to sell this "Mountain Tea". By 1930 Dr. P. Le Fras Nortier, a well known medical doctor, had discovered the health benefits of Rooibos and cultivation and production began. During the plant's ripening process the leaves develop a reddish brown color, explaining why it was given its name "Rooibos" or "Red Bush".

Today, Rooibos has been growing in popularity because of its refreshing taste and health benefits. Like green tea, Rooibos is high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which help reduce the risk of many chronic health problems. These antioxidants are reported to suppress cancer producing cells, slow the aging process, increase our natural detoxification defenses, and lower blood pressure. Rooibos also contains an anti-spasmodic so it helps to relieve digestive distress. African women enjoy Rooibos during pregnancy because it is high in iron, contains no caffeine, and relieves heartburn and nausea. In addition, their babies are given Rooibos to relieve colic.

This unique and healthy drink is also tasty and aromatic. It brews up a warm reddish brown color, is full bodied and slightly sweet. It is a great drink hot or iced, with or without milk and sweetener.

ah i find a good site.. it does look pretty good.. and i do hate the taste of green tea lol.. im still gonna use my green tea up.. but where did you find red tea? i looked on ebay and couldnt find any.. thats where i got 100 packs of green tea for $6

ok i did find some.. most of them were in ebay stores which is where i wasnt looking.. i foudn a good deal.. 36 bags for $5.. so i put an offer in for $8 for 72bags.. hopefully they accept if not ill just buy them. the one thing i really like about red tea is that it doesnt contain caffeine!

Just a note about antioxidants: while they are present in all teas, the types and amounts vary, and the existing data shows that certain benefits lie with certain teas (but not all tests have been done on all kinds). That's why I like to mix my teas up! I drink red, white, and green - you can get this mix here:

http://store.teavana.com/tolifeblend4oz.html

It's darn yummy, too!

:o)

ok i did find some.. most of them were in ebay stores which is where i wasnt looking.. i foudn a good deal.. 36 bags for $5.. so i put an offer in for $8 for 72bags.. hopefully they accept if not ill just buy them. the one thing i really like about red tea is that it doesnt contain caffeine!

i already bought enough green tea.. too late to buy another brand.. is there any way to make the tea cold using a tea bag? or does it have to be prepared in boiled water.