Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marvin

if acne is curable then why?

ok i've been here for awhile and i've done my fair share of researching but i dont understand why if acne isn't curable how is it i havent gotten one single pimple in the last 6 months roughly give or take..

i use to be breakout every morning on my face and back and now i'm smooth as a babys bottom. it just seems like one of those bizarre yet miraculous wonders that only a select few are blessed with. those stories where people are flatlined only to return healthy and strong again. i dunno, i just feel like i should be have at least a pimple or two but i've yet to see even a whitehead or pustule its truly amazing.

could i be an exception eusa_think.gif like neo in the matrix.. could i truly be the one?

i know this sounds far fetched and everyone here probably thinks i'm screwed up in the head but i just live my life enjoying the newfound glory. i have much empathy for acne sufferers as i was once just like any of you. its some sort of phenomium thats the only thing i can think of.

also i'm sorry for getting people here mad with my insensitive remarks. i shouldn't have said some of the things i did. if you can accept my apology i would really feel alot better.

if anyone wants to talk with me, being someone who has fought the onslaught of his fair share of demons please give me your msn.

i am quite popular but i can make time with the good people of acne.com. we can be friends or whatever.

cheers

marv biggrin.gif

ok i've been here for awhile and i've done my fair share of researching but i dont understand why if acne isn't curable how is it i havent gotten one single pimple in the last 6 months roughly give or take..

i use to be breakout every morning on my face and back and now i'm smooth as a babys bottom. it just seems like one of those bizarre yet miraculous wonders that only a select few are blessed with. those stories where people are flatlined only to return healthy and strong again. i dunno, i just feel like i should be have at least a pimple or two but i've yet to see even a whitehead or pustule its truly amazing.

could i be an exception eusa_think.gif like neo in the matrix.. could i truly be the one?

i know this sounds far fetched and everyone here probably thinks i'm screwed up in the head but i just live my life enjoying the newfound glory. i have much empathy for acne sufferers as i was once just like any of you. its some sort of phenomium thats the only thing i can think of.

also i'm sorry for getting people here mad with my insensitive remarks. i shouldn't have said some of the things i did. if you can accept my apology i would really feel alot better.

if anyone wants to talk with me, being someone who has fought the onslaught of his fair share of demons please give me your msn.

i am quite popular but i can make time with the good people of acne.com. we can be friends or whatever.

cheers

marv  biggrin.gif

I think you may be one of those lucky people for whom when the hormones of puberty settle, so does the acne.

Which doesn't make you like Neo, or the exception. In all honesty, it makes you the majority - since most people do outgrow acne.

I've been reading your posts, and while I do have to applaud your honesty, I also wonder of how well your self-esteem is truly doing. I think acne disgusts you because you were disgusted with you.

What you wrote speaks of a great level of self-hatred - not arroguance and certaintly not self-esteem.

But in any case, rock on for the clearing up. Nice to know it does happen.

I think you may be one of those lucky people for whom when the hormones of puberty settle, so does the acne.

Which doesn't make you like Neo, or the exception. In all honesty, it makes you the majority - since most people do outgrow acne.

I've been reading your posts, and while I do have to applaud your honesty, I also wonder of how well your self-esteem is truly doing. I think acne disgusts you because you were disgusted with you.

What you wrote speaks of a great level of self-hatred - not arroguance and certaintly not self-esteem.

But in any case, rock on for the clearing up. Nice to know it does happen.

You know what, I also don't understand this. Two years ago, for some reason, my face magically cleared up -- even the red marks and I don't really know exactly what I did. I am trying to replicate exactly what I did 2 years ago but to no avail. That's why I'm now taking accutane.

You know what, I also don't understand this.  Two years ago, for some reason, my face magically cleared up -- even the red marks and I don't really know exactly what I did.  I am trying to replicate exactly what I did 2 years ago but to no avail.  That's why I'm now taking accutane.

cheers

marv  biggrin.gif

If life is so great for Marvin, I don't know why he feels the need to continually check what inferior people with acne have to say about him. For one, I'm sick of the attention-whoring.

Trizznain you so funny!!!

Come on guys, don't be mean to Marvin, he allows us to see what we never want to be - a meanie.

See that rhyming???

Acne is treatable if it is caught early. The problems is teens delay treatment because they may feel ashamed of having it. So they try home remedies that may or may not work. A huge mistake. Early treatment by a doctor preferabley a derm is the answer folks.

If life is so great for Marvin, I don't know why he feels the need to continually check what inferior people with acne have to say about him.  For one, I'm sick of the attention-whoring.

Yeah, too bad.

Really, it's simple. He was broken out and got picked on, but instead of having pride and fighting back he took it. He began to idolize the clear skinned bullies giving him shit, and now that he is clear, he is idolizing himself...and touching himself, constantly, while the dog licks cheese off his schlong.

I'm sure the majority of people grow out of acne by the time they are around your age. I'm sure I'll grow out of it by then because of my parents' expreience with acne.

Anyways, I wanted to comment on one of your other posts that was in a thread that got locked...it read:

"i may be an idiot in some of your guys mind but at least i have clear skin. can you say the same? I DONT THINK SO TALK TO THE HAND CUZ THE EYES AINT READING IT."

I find it hilarious that you would try and make fun of us because we don't have clear skin. I mean, this is an acne.org message board after all. You're like this little scrawny high schooler I knew that nobody liked in PE that got schooled at basketball by this black guy. He yelled "WELL AT LEAST IM NOT A N*GGER" or some completely ignorant sh*t like that. It's because he had nothing to work with, he was not better then them at anything, so the only insult he could come up with is something ignorant like their race. It's the same with you.

Well, guess what, I do have some acne. It's not horrible, but it's there. But guess what? I have friends. I'm respected at school. I have a life, and I never get made fun, unlike you. Maybe I'm just the better person?

You seem to have let acne control your life. When you had it, your life was horrible and no one liked you, and you blamed it all on acne. You felt inferior to everyone. From a psychological stand point, you keep coming back to these boards with a patronizing attitude because you still carry this feeling of inferiority to anyone in the real world. The only people who you can possibly see yourself "higher" then is an acne sufferer, due to the fact that it made YOU feel so inferior. Well, it doesn't have the same effect on everyone...people can still live their lives with acne. You were just too weak.

i said i was sorry

some of you are just being downright mean. i had acne too so i know what it felt like to get picked on and made fun of. i knew what it felt to stay locked up inside on the weekends instead of partying like i should have been. i am just confident and want to share with everyone here my success. shame on you for not supporting me and wishing me the best. i don't have any probelm with people with acne nor do i think lesser of acne sufferers. the thing i hate is acne itself you know those tiny bumps that appear on ones face and f*cks up life.

i said i was sorry

some of you are just being downright mean. i had acne too so i know what it felt like to get picked on and made fun of. i knew what it felt to stay locked up inside on the weekends instead of partying like i should have been. i am just confident and want to share with everyone here my success. shame on you for not supporting me and wishing me the best. i don't have any probelm with people with acne nor do i think lesser of acne sufferers. the thing i hate is acne itself you know those tiny bumps that appear on ones face and f*cks up life.