Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dnoune

one question about antibiotics

hey guys...i just wanted to know what's stronger, minocycline or doxycycline? i'm on 200 mg/ day of doxy (it's been about 5 weeks now), but it doesn't seem to be working that well so my derm gave me a rx for 200 mg/ day of minocycline yesterday. but i thought doxy was stronger than minocycline. please help!

thank you!!

minocycline is much strong. Alot of people had success with that. My doctor prescribe minocycline at 200mg a day but i got off it after 3 weeks because it give me rashes and itch.

minocycline is much strong. Alot of people had success with that. My doctor prescribe minocycline at 200mg a day but i got off it after 3 weeks because it give me rashes and itch.

Doxycycline is stronger (think about it... mino = 1, doxy = 2, tetra = 3, or something like that), but as such a little less safe. Generally a doctor will perscribe minocycline first, and if that fails then doxy, then tetra.

Edit: I'm not sure about this... I'm trying to look it up online but I can't seem to get a definitive answer.. if someone can find this on a ligit website let me know so I can update the tetracyclines FAQ.

Doxycycline is stronger (think about it... mino = 1, doxy = 2, tetra = 3, or something like that), but as such a little less safe. Generally a doctor will perscribe minocycline first, and if that fails then doxy, then tetra.

Edit: I'm not sure about this... I'm trying to look it up online but I can't seem to get a definitive answer.. if someone can find this on a ligit website let me know so I can update the tetracyclines FAQ.

it did that to me too sad.gif sucks because it seemd to be working smile.gif