Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crabby_Patty

will I ever be clear? - rant!

Well I have been doing this regimin for weeks now but I am still blimin spotty.

It has helped I can definatly see a differance but everytime I come close to being really clear up pop new spots. And they are always the big lumpy ones that are very painful.

I did use panoxyl aqua gel but ran out and have since been using oxy on the spot cream.

Do you think maybe I should use a higher strength bp ? If so, where do I find one.? A couple of years ago the doc gave me quinerderm and it burnt my face , it was covered in blisters and so sore - though once that clear up my skin was really clear. so I am not to keen to use that again.

To be honest I am soooo fed up with it all. I am sick of slapping on this cream, also I am trying to sort the spots on my back out which is stressing me out.

Sorry to rant on just feeling a little peeved and frustrated. eusa_wall.gif

dont worry, your allowed to rant! we all do it on here! were a bunch of moany old buggers. eusa_whistle.gif

Anyway, try to keep with it, i know its tough and horrible but think of the outcome. hmm, quinoderm (as ive said loads of times!) is really horrible to my skin, it dried me out and turned me red within a few days of the regimen. evil! *shakes fist*

have you tried dan's BP? its the best out there that ive found and nowhere near as harsh as quinoderm, but i guess panoxyl gel is similar. eusa_think.gif not sure!

have you tried a different moisturiser? or cleanser? i was on the regimen for months, still breaking out until i changed my moisturiser and cleanser and havent broken out in ages. if you want some advice, i use dead sea soap from boots (amazing soap!! havent had 1 new spot in 3 weeks!! eusa_dance.gif ) and neutrogena pore refining moisturiser (a little expensive!)

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details....oductid=1031169

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details....oductid=1022399

hope that helps, keep your chin up!!! wub.gif

thanks for that

I have been using Nivea refreshing face wash , oxy bp cream and the neutrogena pore refining lotion.

I brought some of the pears transparent soap as I have read good reviews on that on here.

The nivea is quie nice and gentle, very foamy. I have so much stuff at home and have spent so much money on products. I actually work for a cosmetic company but I am not keen on the products which is a pity cos I would get them free if I was.

Apparently the neutrogena is being discontinued isn't it?

have you tried a different moisturiser? or cleanser? i was on the regimen for months, still breaking out until i changed my moisturiser and cleanser and havent broken out in ages. if you want some advice, i use dead sea soap from boots (amazing soap!! havent had 1 new spot in 3 weeks!! eusa_dance.gif ) and neutrogena pore refining moisturiser (a little expensive!)

Guest ldanielle
Well I have been doing this regimin for weeks now but I am still blimin spotty.

It has helped I can definatly see a differance but everytime I come close to being really clear up pop new spots. And they are always the big lumpy ones that are very painful.

I did use panoxyl aqua gel but ran out and have since been using oxy on the spot cream.

Do you think maybe I should use a higher strength bp ? If so, where do I find one.? A couple of years ago the doc gave me quinerderm and it burnt my face , it was covered in blisters and so sore - though once that clear up my skin was really clear. so I am not to keen to use that again.

To be honest I am soooo fed up with it all. I am sick of slapping on this cream, also I am trying to sort the spots on my back out which is stressing me out.

Sorry to rant on just feeling a little peeved and frustrated.  eusa_wall.gif

I used simple hydrating moisterisor before the neutrogena but I found it was very greasy. I have used there foaming face wash before which was very good. Simple are usually good.

I brought some Oxy10 on saturday and have been using that, I thought it was going to dry me out straight away but it has been ok so far.

I keep getting spots around my jaw and hairline , they are always those ones that really hurt.

Are you using a moisturiser with your regime? I suggest either oil of olar classic beauty fluid sensitive... I'm currently using nivea visage light daily moisture cream but I've heard it breaks people out. It works fine for me and it has vitamin E which I heard helps with red marks a bit.

I am just fed up with this acne crap!

Was trying on clothes in a shop on sunday , as everyone knows the lighting in shops like to highlight every imperfection you have. I turned round and looked in the mirror, I couldn't believe how many spots I have on my back. I always knew I had a few but I was disgusted at what I saw. I put my clothes back on , stomped out , grabbed my boyfriend and left the shop as quickly as possible.

I have been doing this regime for ages now and it has helped a bit but I am not clear. Over the last week I have had a whole loads of massive spots appear! And now I have to deal with the back issues!

Also I went to the docs on friday , I suffer with PCOS a hormone imbalance which I know is the reason behind all my acne. She suggested I went on Dianette. I have taken this before and it did help with my acne but it can give you bad mood swings.

When I looked at my face this morning I thought sod it I will just start the dianette. But its like everyting that is meant to help also harms aswell. ( similer to accutane, it helps with acne but has so many side effects).

Why can't there be just one simple answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!