Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmeliaBedelia

Week 4-Red & Irritated!

Hi! (my first post) I hoping I can get some help.

I have been doing the regimen for almost 4 1/2 weeks now. Once I amped up my bp dose from the 3rd week to the full dose of bp (Neutrogena On the Spot), my skin freaked. When I apply my lotion (Neutrogena Oil-Free, spf 15) my skin starts burning and turns bright red. The burning will subside after a while, but then my skin starts peeling in the most sensitive (less oily) areas, like my chin, jawline, and upper lip. I do have sensitive skin.

I'm wondering why my skin is doing this in the 4th week? I thought by now it wouldn't be irritated. I really don't want to take a break from bp because I really want this to work!

Can anyone help?

Hi! (my first post)  I hoping I can get some help.

I have been doing the regimen for almost 4 1/2 weeks now.  Once I amped up my bp dose from the 3rd week to the full dose of bp (Neutrogena On the Spot), my skin freaked.  When I apply my lotion (Neutrogena Oil-Free, spf 15) my skin starts burning and turns bright red.  The burning will subside after a while, but then my skin starts peeling in the most sensitive (less oily) areas, like my chin, jawline, and upper lip.  I do have sensitive skin.

I'm wondering why my skin is doing this in the 4th week?  I thought by now it wouldn't be irritated.  I really don't want to take a break from bp because I really want this to work! 

Can anyone help?

Thanks guys for the replies.

philidias - How much should I decrease the bp and how slowly should I work back up? Will I break out more in the adjustment period?

name - What are you doing about it?

Also, I'm wondering, is 2 fingers of On the Spot just too much for my sensitive skin? Does having sensitive skin make a difference with the regimen?? Sorry for my newbie questions.

Did you go from a little to a lot all of the sudden? It's supposed to be a gradual ramp-up. Anyhoo, moisturize as much as you need to. Also, you might want to drop back down to however much you were using before and then gradually add in more day by day until you're at the full amount.

Thanks guys for the replies.

philidias - How much should I decrease the bp and how slowly should I work back up?  Will I break out more in the adjustment period?

name - What are you doing about it?

Also, I'm wondering, is 2 fingers of On the Spot just too much for my sensitive skin?  Does having sensitive skin make a difference with the regimen??  Sorry for my newbie questions.