Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
merck

smoothbeam- how much oil reduced?

for people who finished the smoothbeam with some acne?

how long does it help acne before you have to get retreated?

also, how much oil is reduced, light, medium or heavy like accutane (but too overdrying)? how long after does the oil come back to before treatment?

thanks

Yeah I'm bumping this up because I'm curious to hear of ANY negative side effects from Smoothbeam (such as possible overdrying, etc).

I just started smoothbeam - I have had one treatment so far. I haven't yet noticed much of a reduction in oil yet most likely because my skin actually isn't very oily to begin with. The doc gave me a mosturizer and said I will need it but I haven't used it yet. My face does feel a bit dryer but nothing extraordinary.

The only negative so far is that after the treatment I had big red laser marks - red circles on my cheeks they were there for a couple of days and then they peeled. Now they are pretty much gone. I didn't expect to red marks and I didn't expec to peel. Now that I know to expect it, it is not a problem.

My skin doesn't seem any less oily and I seem to still be getting my pms breakouts #-o I was hopeing the SB would help with that... but my face is still an oil pit.