Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started getting acne about 6 years ago. It was really bad and my face was always oily. I use to pop the whiteheads (I know, really bad), but it was so tempting and disguisting to look at something protruding from my face. If I would have know that it would leave red marks that I still have today, I wouldn't have done it. Anyway, I tried to control my oily skin on and off with so many over the counter medications (the clinique line, neurogena, nozema, clean and clear, etc.). Then, I went to the derm and got some tazorac, duac, and some pills. But, the topical creams made my face bright red and felt hot. I gave up because nothing really worked and my skin would always be bright red from the treatments (I think it was because they had 10% BP which was too strong for my skin). Over the years, my skin has become less oily and therefore the number and size of my pimples has subsided. However, my face still has plenty of red marks and a fair share of whiteheads popping up here and there (especially when I am stressed). Recently, I more self-conscious of it and started use the St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub which has worked really well on my skin (I highly recommend it). It has reduced the size/number of my whiteheads. However, they aren't totally going away. So now I am here starting the Clear Skin Regimen hoping for my red marks to fade away over time and to eliminate the whiteheads I get so I have more control over my skin.

So my regimen is as follows:

AM:

Wash face with Purpose Soap Bar

Wait till face is dry

Apply BP gel to forehead, cheeks, and chin (only applying 1/3 of a finger)

Wait

Apply Neutrogena Moisturizer

Put on CG foundation (I have to use it- my red marks are too obvious. It is noncomedeogenic though)

PM:

Wash face with Purpose Soap Bar

Wait till face is dry

Apply BP gel to areas

Wait

Apply Neutrogena Moisturizer

Day 1: 8/21

I followed the steps above.

I think whitehead is gone though so that's good. Nothing else to report except I am committed to this regimen and will stick it out as long as I can and hope for a major improvement in the end. eusa_angel.gif

Day 2 Update

Yesterday, I did the same steps. My skin has cleared up a bit. I think all the little pimples I have had are going away. I still have red marks; however, some of them are fading and my current whiteheads are being dried out. So far so good. My face is a bit dry, but that doesn't bother me. Does anyone put makeup after they put the moisturizer? I put cover girl foundation (nonocomedogenic and hypoallergenic) on and I got some white flakes on my skin. I guess that is the BP gel that is dried out? Maybe I have to make sure the BP gel is absorbed more into my skin before I put the foundation on. Any suggestions? eusa_dance.gif

Okay so things were going really well. All my whiteheads cleared up. However, my skin became really dry ( I am thinking that is from the purpose soap I use) and my skin is peeling. I decided to stop the regimen for some days because even though I have only used 1/3 of a finger of BP, it is too much for my very very dry skin. I am pretty much hoping for the red marks to go. I will start the regimen again in a couple of days cause it got rid of my whiteheads in a heartbeat.

The purpose soap was way too overdrying for me also. I switched to cetaphil antibacterial, it feels great, and also is antibacterial(obviously), which gets every thing bad off your face.

Yeah, I read on the website that many people felt the purpose soap was overdrying but of course I never thought it would happen to me. eusa_eh.gif I always thought I had very oily skin. Right now, I my skin is still dry. A lot of my old skin peeled off. I have no whiteheads. I just have some scars and redmarks left. I am thinking if I use the purpose soap, it will scrub off some of the red marks like it did a couple days before. I will use the regimen if I start to get whiteheads again. But, right now I will wait a few more days and see.

So I had to wait till my face healed from all that peeling. I will start the regimen again, but using less BP. I am looking where to get the basis soap bar because the purpose soap bar is what caused all the peeling. I will apply the regimen to my forehead(which has cleared up well-just some red marks left) and my cheeks.

So I restarted the regimen after a break of a couple days. I am on day 4. My face is okay-no pimples, just lots of scars/red marks. My face is still dry when I don't use the purpose soap. I am going to get cetaphil I think. So I am hoping the red marks will fade away soon. Does anyone know a store we can get AHA besides shopping online and walgreens (I don't think I have one near me)?

Good news! I have been putting the regimen on once a day and even though I know you are suppose to put it on twice a day, it is working! When I started using it twice a day, my face would peel and it was embarrasing cause the peeling could be seen through my makeup. So, I just put it once a day. I am not fighting pimples and whiteheads currently, I am just using this regimen to prevent them now and to slowly fade the red marks. My red marks/scars are very obvious and ugly without makeup, but when I put the Aquasmooth foundation, my skin looks pretty good! So far, so good. I can really tell the regimen is fading my red marks because before when I did put makeup, the red and purple marks were visible and not a pretty sight. Yay! Thanks to all who suggested the Aquasmooth foundation by covergirl. If you haven't tried this, I would! I used liquid foundation for a long time and it was working okay with the number of pimple and scars I had, but this aquasmooth is so nice when you apply it-it takes less time and it is evenly distributed!

I woke up with 2 medium sized whiteheads. I applied BP so hopefully they will go away. My scars are the same. Not much to report.

Not much to report. I still have red marks. No pimples. I really hope these red marks go cause I have to take a picture soon eusa_hand.gif .