Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simply_Me

STARTING ACCUTANE THIS THURSDAY! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

ok homies... so i'm starting accutane this coming thursday, right now i'm using PROACTIV, should i discontinue using it or wat??? i'm really excited and lookin forward to thursday to begin accutane but during these few days, wat should i do to prepare myself for accutane???

LOL! I'll get the okay next Thursday to start using accutane. No, get off Proactive. Your skin will be pretty sensitive for that stuff. Just moisturize and wash with a gentle cleanser. I'm excited too!!! Hey, we'll keep each other updated.

Get some aquaphor for your lips which will dry out pretty quickly and start getting used to drinking a lot of water right now. Good luck to you both.

Get some aquaphor for your lips which will dry out pretty quickly and start getting used to drinking a lot of water right now.  Good luck to you both.

LOL!  I'll get the okay next Thursday to start using accutane.  No, get off Proactive.  Your skin will be pretty sensitive for that stuff.  Just moisturize and wash with a gentle cleanser.  I'm excited too!!!  Hey, we'll keep each other updated.

Good luck to both of you...Remember the odds are in your favor with Accutane to end your acne forever.

No, my bad. What happened is that it wouldn't submit my reply so I clicked it three times and it posted three times. So I edited it again letting mods know to delete the reply not the thread. Sorry.

You're right we have to prepare ourselves! *Rocky theme plays*

No, my bad.  What happened is that it wouldn't submit my reply so I clicked it three times and it posted three times.  So I edited it again letting mods know to delete the reply not the thread.  Sorry.

You're right we have to prepare ourselves!  *Rocky theme plays*

Arizona where it's 110 degrees average. I have a few nodules and pimples, but I don't care because I'm starting tane next week hopefully. I haven't put anything on my face for awhile, I'm just sick and tired of putting something on my face while I'm sleeping. You know how uncomfortable that is? When you're on Tane becareful not to put anything on your face such as bp, because your skin will be extra sensitive.

Private message me and let me know the update, we're in this together.

My dd's skin gushed oil when she first started accutane. I honestly think her skin could have benefitted with some bp or perhaps a sulphur mask to keep her pores and zits under control at that time. I think you have to just do what feels best for your skin in the beginning. If you start to clear up quickly you won't need that stuff anyway.

If Proactiv is giving you some degree of control, i'd say continue using it until you begin to notice unusual dryness (some people notice within a couple days, some take a couple weeks) and then discontinue at that time.

While on Accutane, stick with a gentle cleanser like the Cetaphil mentioned above, or Purpose liquid which i prefer. You'll also want a moisturizer for sensitive skin, start using that as soon as you notice dryness. And get some Aquaphor ointment for your lips at night, as well as a good balm for day, and i would start lip therapy on day one, even if the dryness hasn't manifested yet.

ok so i'm definitely goin to get cetaphil da deap skin cleanser type... n wats a good mosterizer for acne prone skin?

AND IS SULFUR GOOD FOR U BECUZ I BEEN SOMEWAT USING IT 2 WEEKS NIGHTLY... yes da proactiv mask...

Time to stop the sulphur mask for sure, it's too drying for now. Cetaphil also makes a moisturizer if you like that line, i prefer Neutrogena moisturizer. I'd pick a product designed for sensitive skin (if it isn't yet, it will be soon!) that is fragrance free.

Time to stop the sulphur mask for sure, it's too drying for now.  Cetaphil also makes a moisturizer if you like that line, i prefer Neutrogena moisturizer.  I'd pick a product designed for sensitive skin (if it isn't yet, it will be soon!) that is fragrance free.

Time to stop the sulphur mask for sure, it's too drying for now.  Cetaphil also makes a moisturizer if you like that line, i prefer Neutrogena moisturizer.  I'd pick a product designed for sensitive skin (if it isn't yet, it will be soon!) that is fragrance free.

I NEED TO KNOW WHATS A GOOD MOISTURIZER TO BUY?? AND DO U PUT MOISTURIZER ON FIRST THEN SUNBLOCK WHEN GOIN OUTSIDE??

cetaphil is usually the moisturizer recommended. You'll know how much to use by how your skin is feeling. Cetaphil comes with SPF 15 in it so you don't need to buy two products.

You guys will be a few days ahead of me, but we'll pm each other with questions such as some of the minor side effects. I'll only be on it on 4 months.

My profile

I'm male, 5'8, 130lbs, 19yrs old (sep 1st)

Been suffering from acne for almost 6 years!

I have a few pimples on my body and have mild-heavy acne

Whats up. I'm gonna start accutane either friday or saturday. I'm getting it friday, I dont know if I'll start then or the next. I'm 23 and have only a few zits on my face right now, but they are cystic(1 visible) and I have a couple light scars, I dont want more. I also got some on my shoulders and upper back. I've had this for 9 years. I hope it works and if it does I'll wish I did it sooner, I just was scared of all the shit you hear, now I'm fed up and dont care, I'm doing it. I tried all the other stuff and it did nothing. My doc is givin me 80mg a day to start and prescribed some cleocin to help with the initial breakout. I'll keep you guys updated.

Whats up. I'm gonna start accutane either friday or saturday. I'm getting it friday, I dont know if I'll start then or the next. I'm 23 and have only a few zits on my face right now, but they are cystic(1 visible) and I have a couple light scars, I dont want more. I also got some on my shoulders and upper back. I've had this  for 9 years. I hope it works and if it does I'll wish I did it sooner, I just was scared of all the shit you hear, now I'm fed up and dont care, I'm doing it. I tried all the other stuff and it did nothing. My doc is givin me 80mg a day to start and prescribed some cleocin to help with the initial breakout. I'll keep you guys updated.