Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reading this forum I notice alot of people are depressed about their acne, and as a result shy away from social encounters and even avoid going out. Alot of your stories are heartbreaking, and I can relate alot because I also have poor skin.

However, I believe it is important not to fall into the trap of avoiding socializing because of your acne. If you segregate yourself from everyone else you will feel extremely lonely and this will only make you feel worse. Friends are an important support network. Also, if you avoid interacting with other people your social skills will also deteriorate, making socialization even more dreadful.

You need to go out and enjoy yourself. Don't let your acne hold you back. If you go out and have a good time people will not care that you have acne and it will be a boost to your self-esteem and happiness. You're only young once, you need to enjoy your life.

We get tons of these kinds of threads everyday, and unless your dealing with the pain these people are going through, then you have no idea what it feels like to have a face of acne.

I swear, people make it seem so easy to just get out and do smething.

We get tons of these kinds of threads everyday, and unless your dealing with the pain these people are going through, then you have no idea what it feels like to have a face of acne.

I used to get out there and have fun despite acne, but then absolute strangers have to get all up in my business and start commenting on my face. mad.gif I know how hard it is, you stay in because you just want to avoid the embarassment and confrontation. But then you get depressed because you're not doing anything.... eusa_doh.gif It's a vicious cycle.

i agree with trizz also. i think with situations like this, only WE can make ourselves victims. outside situations can put a hinder to our inside situations but it it doesnt mean it can overtake control of our lives.

we can do all the things people without acne could do. it just involves a lil self confidence.