Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dubwana

A *********** SHAME!!!!!

DOES THIS PIGSHIT FRUSTRATE ANYONE ELSE AS IT DOES ME... THINK OF IT THIS WAY........ THEY GOT WAYS TO MAKE PEOPLE GET 20/20 VISION (LASER SURGERY), THEY GOT WAYS TO MAKE PEOPLE WITH A NON FUNCTIONING BODY PART ABLE TO USE THAT AGAIN ( I THINK ) FUCK THEY EVEN GOT WAYS TO CHANGE A MALE INTO A FEMALE, OR VICE VERSA... YET THESE DUMB FUCK SIMPLETON SCIENTISTS ARE TOO DUMB TO DISCOVER A WAY TO CLEAR UP BLEMISHES ON OUR FACE AND KEEP THEM OFF YET THEY KNOW HOW TO TURN A MALE INTO A FEMALE???????????????????????????????/ THESE DOCTORS OR WHATEVER THE SHIT THEY'RE CALLED ARE ABOUT AS USEFUL AS A BOX OF HAMMERS

Guest jollajolla

Yessir.

I guess one of us will just have to do something about it.

Guest TylerD

Yup too much other shit for them to waste time on. Because we all know acne isnt a big problem and we can all wait a few more years for a cure rolleyes.gif

DOES THIS PIGSHIT FRUSTRATE ANYONE ELSE AS IT DOES ME... THINK OF IT THIS WAY........ THEY GOT WAYS TO MAKE PEOPLE GET 20/20 VISION (LASER SURGERY), THEY GOT WAYS TO MAKE PEOPLE WITH A NON FUNCTIONING BODY PART ABLE TO USE THAT AGAIN ( I THINK ) FUCK THEY EVEN GOT WAYS TO CHANGE A MALE INTO A FEMALE, OR VICE VERSA... YET THESE DUMB FUCK SIMPLETON SCIENTISTS ARE TOO DUMB TO DISCOVER A WAY TO CLEAR UP BLEMISHES ON OUR FACE AND KEEP THEM OFF YET THEY KNOW HOW TO TURN A MALE INTO A FEMALE???????????????????????????????/ THESE DOCTORS OR WHATEVER THE SHIT THEY'RE CALLED ARE ABOUT AS USEFUL AS A BOX OF HAMMERS

I agree. It's all about the money. Drug companies make money by treating the symptoms of acne, not the actual cause of acne, which is actually internal. There are dermatologists and scientists out there that know what causes acne. The OTC acne "treatments" are just that. They treat they symptoms of acne, not the actual disease.

Acne is caused by a few different factors that hinge on the formation of a comedo (caused by hyperkeritinization of the sebaceous follicle). These comedos (clogged pores) can be caused by makeup and other comedogenic agents, or by a mixture of your own dead skin cells and sebum (usually the case). This is mostly caused by an improper composition of sebum, which is heavily influenced by hormones....mostly androgens. That’s why teenagers get plagued with acne.

Correct the sebum composition.....Cure acne. Scientists know what normal sebum is composed of, and that people who suffer from acne have a different sebum composition that makes their sebum more occlusive and "stickier" that the sebum of those that don't have acne. This has been known for over 25 years. People who have acne also have an impaired water barrier function of the skin.

It's not that we have more sebum, it's just that ours is a little different. We don't have too much dead skin, it just gets stuck in our sticky sebum and clogs up our pores. It's not the bacteria's fault either. They live in everyone's pores. They just happen to get stuck in ours and cause inflammation. All BP does is kill the bacteria, and dry out our skin. SA helps shed skin cells, but not very well. Topical retinoids work like SA, and "help" keep pores clear from dead skin, but the sebum stays sticky.

Accutane actually does correct this sebum imbalance, but has some really harsh side effects.

Acne "treatment" is a cash cow for these drug and cosmetic companies (I know I work for one). We don't even clinically test our acne products because "it's a known fact that 0.5% SA treats acne." That's all the FDA requires to make an anti-acne claim....no testing required....the drug companies are even worse

It's all BS....

Sorry this was so long.....this topic really pisses me off.....I could go on and on....I'll stop now...promise

dubwana, you forgot cloning lol

its incredible how these stupid scientists can clone a f***in sheep instead of curing acne for those of us who suffer this illness sad.gif

There's several new drugs in clinical trial to treat acne:

http://www.centerwatch.com/patient/studies/cat1.html

http://www.centerwatch.com/patient/studies/stu68953.html

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=28523

http://www.worldhealthsurvey.com/clinical_.../skin_acne1.php

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...2&dopt=Citation

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/gui/action/Fi...recruiting=true

These are not cosmetics or OTCs (neither of which require safety/efficacy testing if substances in them have already been tested, or if they are marketed as "nutritional supplements/herbal"). They are novel (new), possible-future pharmaceuticals that would require a safety and efficacy testing, and a prescription if approved (by FDA, or MOHW, or EEC, depending on country).

Development is ongoing (always has been), but acne is a toughie, guys, due to its multifactored causes.

Many (but admittedly not all) pharma companies developing new drugs do not have a stake in the OTC market, either. Just saying, because I used to work for a few of them, too.

Also, wouldn't you think that if you could develop "the cure," you'd do it? You'd get all the money that people have been wasting for years on stuff from other companies that doesn't work. And docs wouldn't be tearing their hair out over all the acne patients they have to see in addition to people with (believe it or not) more serious skin disorders. There's only so many hours in the day, you know...which explains why you have to wait so long to see one. eusa_doh.gif

But I do understand, it's definitely sad that we still haven't eradicated acne. And the common cold, cancer, and Ebola, and HIV, and hepatitis, acute lymphocytic leukemia, kidney and heart disease. People are trying; I've seen it and still do. There's hope out there, and as with anything else, there's always the good and the bad. That's life.

I know it's easy to dehumanize the whole thing, but there are a lot of real people, people just like you, researching those things and developing treatments, who care, who believe in the cause, and get a lot of gratification out of helping people, who work tirelessly to find solutions to problems, not screw decent people over.

I'm still one of those.

:o)

Acne will be cured thusly: a bunch of people with persistent acne and a bunch of people that have never had a zit in their life will have their indivdual genomes cracked and their DNA sequenced. The gene that causes acne will stick out like a sore thumb making it's isolation, cracking and reverse engineering possible i.e. it will be possible to work out how exactly to turn acne "off."

Problem is, DNA sequencing is VERY expensive and acne cures aren't high on the priority list. If it's gunna happen soon it will be thru the private sector.

Let's start fundraising.

Acne will be cured thusly: a bunch of people with persistent acne and a bunch of people that have never had a zit in their life will have their indivdual genomes cracked and their DNA sequenced. The gene that causes acne will stick out like a sore thumb making it's isolation, cracking and reverse engineering possible i.e. it will be possible to work out how exactly to turn acne "off."

Problem is, DNA sequencing is VERY expensive and acne cures aren't high on the priority list. If it's gunna happen soon it will be thru the private sector.

Let's start fundraising.

Guest Marino

I think prioritising acne when it comes to research over HIV and other life threatning diseases as well as DNA related gene problems is a bit to much to ask.

Face it, no matter how bad our acne is, it will always be a cosmetic problem, if we want some big research done i think we should fund it.

I mean yea, i went through the period of "acne ruined my life" and i will never forget what it done to me but when you have acne and suddenly your life and health is danger it slides down the worrying scale.