Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
njacobs

Carley's Moisturizer Update

I posted earlier stating that I was trying out Carley's moisturizer. Unfortunately, I have had to stop using it. I find that it is just too heavy a product for my face. It actually began clogging my pores as evidenced by a few whiteheads, which I have not had in a long time. If you are not as sensitive to moisturizers as I am, then I would still recommend this product. It is a great value, smells great and feels great going on. It does not make your face oily like so many other products. I have gone back to using my Eucerin Renewal which is still, IMO, the best moisturizer for people with acne-prone skin. If anyone else is using the Carley's, I would like to hear their experiences with it.

I tried it for a few weeks. I really liked how it felt and how it moisturized, but when I got a few whiteheads, I knew it was the moisturizer. It was the only thing in my regimen that I had changed. I'm glad that it is working for you. Like I said before, I think it really is an excellent product for the right person. The ONLY moisturizer that I have ever been able to use successfully is the Eucerin Renewal. I have to stick with a proven product.

Well, if there's one thing I've realized from reading this site, it's that different things work for different people. I haven't noticed any new whiteheads, but then I'm using tazorac as well. For my money it's been a great help with the dryness and it really seems to clear me up more rapidly.

I'm sorry it didn't work as well for you though, it really is a great product