Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How much does time matter in this regimin? Is it okay for me to only wait 5 minutes after applying the bp to use the moisturizer? or from cleaner to bp? Also, how far apart should the night and day applications be separated? Does time matter there?

Dan recommends waiting 15 minutes after gently cleansing before applying the BP. And from my personal experience, that's when I cleared up. At first I'd think it wasn't a big deal, and just wait like 5-10 minutes. I wasn't clearing up very much. doubt.gif Then I gave in and would wait the full 15 minutes. Lo and behold, the regimen started working. It takes up a lot of your time, but it's totally worth it.

As far as moisturizing, I wait about 5-10 minutes after applying the BP. It seems to be enough time and works just fine for me.

I believe Dan suggests trying to wait 12 hours in between BP applications. Once every 12 hours. Like once at 8am, and then again at 8pm. Hope that helps! smile.gif

i can't say i have a lot of experience with the dryness of skin

my skin is only a tad dry and flakey in areas where i don't put BP strangely enough

Robynxo: maybe the BP or moisturiser or BP wasn't rubbed in enough and it just comes off easily?

i don't know alot about it, just giving a few ideas really

goodluck though smile.gif

i can't say i have a lot of experience with the dryness of skin

my skin is only a tad dry and flakey in areas where i don't put BP strangely enough

Robynxo: maybe the BP or moisturiser or BP wasn't rubbed in enough and it just comes off easily?

i don't know alot about it, just giving a few ideas really

goodluck though smile.gif

The time frame is just from years of trial and error. I have found that these times work best. I would try to stick with them precisely until you're completely clear. Then you can change one variable at a time, such as waiting only 5 minutes after cleansing to apply bp.