Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danielle23

wow...mineral makeup rocks!

Mineral Makeup is pretty awesome stuff! I was a tad skeptical at first, because I am very dependent on heavy coverage makeup. But I must say, this stuff is da bomb-diggity! lol

Ok, first I did the whole swirling the brush around and tapping it, blah blah...

Then I applied it in swirls all around my face and NOTHING. It didn't cover for shit.

However, I looked at the bottom of the powder and it said "Finishing Powder", felt kinda stupid...so I washed it off and applied the foundation first THEN the finishing powder and VOILA! Perfect, glowy looking skin. Glad I read the bottom of the powder container, or otherwise I would have given up.

This stuff is really great and I already clearing up a little from not using my liquid foundation. (been using it for about five days)

BTW: I bought the Melange sampler pack in light-medium. For concealer, I just use a smaller brush and tap it on blemishes before I brush on the foundation. I also get shiny during the day, so I am thinking about purchasing some of the Physician's Formula pressed mineral powder stuff from walgreens.

I truly recommend mineral makeup if your face is like mine (a disaster area).

Guest mishmosh

I am not sure we can get mineral makeup in the UK. Ive done searches but cant find anything!!

i use melange and it's great! i want to try veggiegirl's thought...i used the sample and it seems even better than the melange! the little particles seem much smaller too so it goes on very evenly.

Well, I know that you can get many different brands of mineral makeup on ebay and they probably do ship to the UK.

Actually I use melange and they do ship internationally. Here is a link to their site Melange Makeup . That brand is supposely heavier coverage (which I need) but everyone I taked to, doesn't think that I am even wearing makeup. I am dying to try aromaleigh when I am clearer, because I heard it's pretty good too.

From my understanding of mineral makeup, it's very natural, non-acnegenic ingredients, ground into a fine powder. That's pretty much all there is to it. It takes a while to get into the routine of applying it, but now it takes me less time then what liquid makeup did.

So just to clarify, the pot with the powder in it also has the foundation in it right? They are in 2 separate compartments?

So, pretty interesting with the mineral makeup stuff. Do you use moisterizers and toners, etc also? Or do you just use the mineral foundation, then powder over after you wash your face? I would like to try the mineral stuff but wasn't sure how it works. Thanks.

So, pretty interesting with the mineral makeup stuff. Do you use moisterizers and toners, etc also? Or do you just use the mineral foundation, then powder over after you wash your face? I would like to try the mineral stuff but wasn't sure how it works. Thanks.

the mineral makeup worked amazing for me in the first hour i had it on, then through out the day it would all migrate to my zits making that gross ring around the zit. It looked awful, and I couldnt just keep washing off and reapplying every hour. so...basically it works but not for long.

the mineral makeup worked amazing for me in the first hour i had it on, then through out the day it would all migrate to my zits making that gross ring around the zit. It looked awful, and I couldnt just keep washing off and reapplying every hour. so...basically it works but not for long.

Try Veggie girl's.  It's amazing.  In fact, I was thinking about all the different minerals I've tried.  Here is a list....I think I've included them all.

Aromaleigh

Cory

Monave

Bare Minerals

Jane Iredale

Colorrevolution

Illuminare

Youngblood

Mineral Secrets

Raesen

Herbs of Grace

Botany 101

Barely there

Sheer miracle

Canary cosmetics

Envoy

J Lynne

Glo Minerals

Mineral Secrets

The only mineral make up I've tried is Jane Iredale and it was horrible. It immediately turned shiney and emphasized every pore. The skin on either side of my nose looked like the dimpled surface of a golf ball with this stuff on. My face is relatively clear now but I still have problems with oily skin and very visible pores on either side of my nose (cheek area). Geez, if my husband knew how much money I spent on make-up, specifically foundations, he'd freak. 14 foundations sitting in my drawer currently, everything from drugstore brands to department store brands, and all suck.

P. sad.gif

Try Veggie girl's. It's amazing. In fact, I was thinking about all the different minerals I've tried. Here is a list....I think I've included them all.

Aromaleigh

Cory

Monave

Bare Minerals

Jane Iredale

Colorrevolution

Illuminare

Youngblood

Mineral Secrets

Raesen

Herbs of Grace

Botany 101

Barely there

Sheer miracle

Canary cosmetics

Envoy

J Lynne

Glo Minerals

Mineral Secrets

After trying so many different brands, I just thought perhaps minerals were just not for me. Then I went out on a limb and tried Veggie girl's. OMFG I'm so glad I did. Seriously, you will be amazed.

Try Veggie girl's.  It's amazing.  In fact, I was thinking about all the different minerals I've tried.  Here is a list....I think I've included them all.

Aromaleigh

Cory

Monave

Bare Minerals

Jane Iredale

Colorrevolution

Illuminare

Youngblood

Mineral Secrets

Raesen

Herbs of Grace

Botany 101

Barely there

Sheer miracle

Canary cosmetics

Envoy

J Lynne

Glo Minerals

Mineral Secrets

Holy crap... you are worse than me....

Oh, I see. I just received my J. Lynne stuff and I tried some on. First off, I think I may need some more practice w/this foundation because I used my chisel brush and I'm not sure that's the best brush for this loose powder foundation. That and I wasn't aware that a VERY little goes a long way. Plus, the color I sampled is WAAAAAY light for my skin. I sort of look like a caucasian geisha right now. And, this stuff does seem to make my pores look bigger. I'll try it again tomorrow in the darker shade and after washing my face to see if that makes a difference. (I didn't have makeup on as it was, but I wasn't going to rewash my face since I'm on 'tane right now)

Well, I'm glad to hear that they didn't break you out! But I do want my stuff to wear well. I PMed Veggie Girl and I hope she gets my message soon! I want to try her stuff now!!!

<---I'm wearing Veggie girl's foundation and eye shadow in that pic

Seriously...Veggie Girl's mineral makeup rocks my socks! My complexion is so much better compared to when I was wearing Bare Minerals. Her stuff also doesn't clog my pores and doesn't melt...especially when it's a 100 degree weather! ^_^

I'm interested in VeggieGirl. I'm new to this board, but her stuff sounds interesting. I emailed her asking her more about it. This works good for guys? i.e. doesn't look like makeup. The only other mineral makeup I've seen is on tv, called Sheer Cover. Anyone try that?

Cheers,

justmarvin