Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LiLMeiMei

I need of a non-clogging moisturizer

The only moisturizer that made my mineral makeup look fabulous without clogging my pores was Cetaphil. The only downside is that it made my face SOOOOOO OILY by midday omg.

I was wondering if there are any suggestions? So far Ive used Eucerin Skin Renewal with SPF (baaad), Olay Complete Combo/Oily with SPF (pore clogging for me.....BAD), and Dove essentials Day lotion with SPF (a lil pore clogging?)

Note: Hmm...Im guessing the SPF is clogging my pores....so any suggestions of moisturizers that wont make my face an oil slick by midday would be great.

Guest TylerD

Ya all those are good moisturizers. Maybe its the spf that is clogging your pores. Maybe just get something like Complex 15. I think that may have spf in it but it is a very light moisturizer. Or els go with Aquataine. That doesnst have spf and feels really good on the skin.

Ya all those are good moisturizers. Maybe its the spf that is clogging your pores. Maybe just get something like Complex 15. I think that may have spf in it but it is a very light moisturizer. Or els go with Aquataine. That doesnst have spf and feels really good on the skin.

I also use mineral make-up...and have tried different types of moisturizers and found that Bare Escentuals' bareVitamins - Skin Rev-er Upper works the best under mineral make-up. It has glycolic and salicylic acids in it and it's very very light weight, almost watery like. Go to a Sephora and ask them to squeeze you a lilttle sample and try it!!

My face usually don't get oily until 6-7 hours later using this bareVitamins and I have never broke out while using this and it holds the mineral make-up very nicely.

Angela biggrin.gif

Now there's the face cream and the moisturizing lotion...but I hear that people use either one for the face. What the difference between them in texture?

Does your moisturizer contain caprylic triglycerides? Stearic acid? These emulsifying ingredients can be bad for problem skibn. I use aloe vera gel, and that's it.

Does your moisturizer contain caprylic triglycerides? Stearic acid? These emulsifying ingredients can be bad for problem skibn. I use aloe vera gel, and that's it.

You could try Clinique's oil free formula. I have been using this for years now and it's non-acnegenic. I like the consistency, it's light and moisturising. Something that's hard to come by if you have problem skin but still need to moisturise. It's got Aloe Vera in it so it's calming and smells nice too.

Having said that though, I have just ordered a DermaCleanse moisturiser with SPF 15 along with their cleanser and acne gel and their customer service promise that it can be used overnight as well as during the day and won't cause acne overnight. How true this is I have yet to find out, but thier range does seems like it will be good.

Anyone else use DermaCleanse stuff? If so what do/did you think?

Rachey

I use mineral makeup with aloe just fine. Granted, I don't get the really ceamy texture, but that same texture is waht is clogging your pores, even if it says it won't. I apply a few sheer layers of minerals, and get great coverage. I find That is lasts longer, too, and my skin less less oily.

I noticed you use Paula's Choice products. . .check out what she says on her web site about product labeling and ingredients, and moisturizers for oily skin.

The only moisturizer that made my mineral makeup look fabulous without clogging my pores was Cetaphil.  The only downside is that it made my face SOOOOOO OILY by midday omg.

I was wondering if there are any suggestions?  So far Ive used Eucerin Skin Renewal with SPF (baaad), Olay Complete Combo/Oily with SPF (pore clogging for me.....BAD), and Dove essentials Day lotion with SPF (a lil pore clogging?)

Note: Hmm...Im guessing the SPF is clogging my pores....so any suggestions of moisturizers that wont make my face an oil slick by midday would be great.

The only moisturizer that made my mineral makeup look fabulous without clogging my pores was Cetaphil.  The only downside is that it made my face SOOOOOO OILY by midday omg.

I was wondering if there are any suggestions?  So far Ive used Eucerin Skin Renewal with SPF (baaad), Olay Complete Combo/Oily with SPF (pore clogging for me.....BAD), and Dove essentials Day lotion with SPF (a lil pore clogging?)

I USE AVEENO DAILY MOISTURIZING LOTION. it's oil free, fragrance free, and doesn't clog pores (noncomedogenic)! i remember my old derm doctor had samples of aveeno lotion for his patients. it's SUPER moisturizing and i don't break out! let me know how it goes : )

-ms.acne