Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm going out next weekend with loads of people who havent seen for ages and its as my skin has cleared up considerably I really want to knock 'em dead so to speak. What I'm bothered by though are the red marks that I have left over from the acne and was wondering whether there is anything whatsoever that can be done to reduce their appearance in a week... I'm thinking of fake tanning but I don't want to darken the marks. Any thoughts??? thanks

p.s i also have really dry sore lips from being on accutane and have tried everything from vaseline to lip balm and nothing seems to work.thanks

Best thing to do is one glycolic acid peel ASAP, but don't get carried away and leave it on too long, either that or use a low % of glycolic like 7% each night and be sure to moisturise well in the day.

It should hopefully give you some improvement. A fake tan should help, but try avoiding the red marks with it.

Alternatively just don't do anything because there's always a risk that something you use might break you out, so maybe just get a very good concealer.

And if you do find a miracle solution for one week then be sure to tell me biggrin.gif

I think i may try a combination of things, and raid my cupboard to see what concoctions i can come up with that may just help. i'll keep you all posted on any pending miracles....

yeah they're fade-able (couldnt think of another word!) but not in a week! rolleyes.gif.

nopt to be a bad apple, but id say at least a month or two before they're noticably going, and thats if you find the right product to do it. doubt.gif

ok i've bought some vitamin e cream and vitamin c cream from holland and barrett so will see whether there is any difference..... i know its against the odds but fingers crossed

ok i've bought some vitamin e cream and vitamin c cream from holland and barrett so will see whether there is any difference..... i know its against the odds but fingers crossed

my redmarks usually only stick around for two weeks at the most. i can fade my redmarks to a 70% gone degree in one week if thier not to bad. two weeks and they are usually almost not even noticable. and two months is crazy, ive never had a redmark that stays for two months unless it has been around for awhile and endured the punishment of my fingers when it was still a zit. and i mean insane punishment. i also use a glycolic moistirizer and aha toner so that might really help allot too.

If you dont mind me asking mr.420 or anyone else that may have a recommendation, what glycolic moisturizer and what aha toner are you using? Thanks in advance!

He either has one heck of a moistirizer and an aha toner, or he's just blessed with a skin that naturally heals fast. Gosh, if the marks I'm dealing with could fade half as fast as that, I'd be jumping with joy.

He either has one heck of a moistirizer and an aha toner, or he's just blessed with a skin that naturally heals fast. Gosh, if the marks I'm dealing with could fade half as fast as that, I'd be jumping with joy.

have been using the vitamin c cream for three days now. i have noticed that it has brightened my face considerably. The redmarks are on my neck not on my face, but im still going to give it time. but in the meantime the vitamin c cream has really given my face a nice even glow...

wow...one week? you could always try dermablend. for me, it looks completely natural and covers most of my red marks.

as someone said before, take caution if you're going to experiment this week to try and fade them...you might make it worse. good luck.

hey, guys just thought i'd update a little on my progress. spent a week experimenting and found that applying the vitamin c cream after taking a bath in salt water makes your skin supersmooth and calms any inflamed spots you may have quite a bit.. give it a try

any salt?? just put salt in the bath? i used to do that with epsom salts but they didnt seem to do much, i dont think i put enough in eusa_doh.gif

i just used table salt. i put about two cup fulls in the bath and put some on my problem areas without rubbing it in tho. I think the salt in the water somehow naturally exfoliates the skin without being too harsh like it would if you rubbed it in.