Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allmorg42

My Regimen Experience

How long did it take you to completely clear up if you followed the regimen strictly?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How long did it take you to completely clear up if you followed the regimen strictly?

• 1 week
    • 2 weeks
    • 3 weeks
    • 4 weeks
    • 5 weeks
    • 6 weeks
    • 7 weeks
    • 8 weeks
    • 9 weeks
    • 10 weeks
    • 11 weeks
    • 12 weeks
    • 3-4 months
    • 5-8 months
    • 9-12 months
    • More than that
    • Never
    • Any comments are welcome, tell us what products you used

Ok, first off my name is tyler, and i am 15, and started getting a pretty bad moderate case of acne last year. I got on minocycline and some other topicals and they worked extremely well, to where i had no zits with a few red spots. Then i guess i got used to that antibiotic, so now im on septra, but it doesnt work as good, but it does ok i guess. I am following the regimen as a topical treatment. Let me update you on how far i am:

Week 1-Cleared up most of my zits very nicely, skin isnt that irritated because i was used to bp i guess.

Week 2-The beginning was the same as week 1, but I did get a few pimples towards the end of the week, but nothing major, nothing more than i had in the past.

Week 3-My week 2 breakout decides to show up on week 3. Oh well, what can you do? It was more like 3 or 4 zits popping up, but my face tone was all peeling and red, so this was not a fun week.

Week 4-Still getting a few pimples, but not too bad, face is peeling where i DONT apply bp, and my neck has this weird huge white spot all the way across. Yeah, its weird. The skin around my mouth seems to want to peel when i eat lunch at school, so thats not to fun, but i think it will pass.

Now i will try to update you on a daily basis, today is sunday, and as you know, tomorrow will be monday. just kidding, ok i will update you guys tomorrow, all comments are wanted, let me know whats up. By the way, here is my regimen:

Week1-2-Used basis soap, but it was way too over drying, so now i use cetaphil anti-bacterial and it feels very nice.

In the morning:

Wash face(now with cetaphil, previously with basis)

Apply bp, was using proactiv, but now i use dans gel.

Moisturize with eucerin(was using cetaphil LOTION, but needed sunscreen)

Night:

Wash face

Apply bp

Moisturize with eucerin, if it is like 4 after b ball practice, but if i dont wash til it gets dark then i moisturize with cetaphil LOTION, not cream. Just Lotion.

By the way, i wait 15 minutes after each step.

Hope all this made sense, like i said before all comments are welcomed and wanted, just please keep language and perverseness to a minimum(yeah, i have been reading some of these other posts about guys nasty habits, none of that on my page please). Peace,

Tyler

For any of you following(probably not many, haha), This is day two of tracking my progress, even though it is week 4. Ok, I woke up this morning, and my big nasty white spot on my neck was basically gone, so thats good. Also good was that my face really wasn't peeling today when i woke up, so thats also awesome. Another awesome, no new pimples, one pimple has developed but it is actually quite cool looking, If thats possible, and it isnt red or anything like that. Not a whitehead, blackhead, I have no idea what it is but im fine with it. Still have red spots, but i have had those for about a year. The pimple count on my face right now would probably be around 4-5, with only two actual zits and 2-3 whiteheads on chin which dont bother me and go away in about a day. My face peeled around mouth very little today when i ate lunch, so i am very pleased today. So its all good, somebody please post a comment, i want to see if anyone is out there listening to this. Anyways, peace,

Tyler

Ok, to update you again, today is day 3 of tracking my progress. I am currently in week 4. Today i woke up and was still pleased, as the two whiteheads on my chin were pretty much gone and there was really only one real zit on my upper cheek. My face is only dry after i wash with cetaphil, not that cetaphil is drying, it is just that the moisturizer is washed off and i am still not completely used to bp. However, my face does not burn or anything like that. My face really didn't peel today at all, even after eating lunch. Ok, maybe just a tad at the corner of my mouth after lunch, but i just wet a paper towel and dabbed it while in the bathroom. So, its all good, just like yesterday, im very happy with my results so far. Hopefully i dont break out again, but i know that it is very likely that i will. But hopefully not, and good luck to all of you that are trying the regimen. Just remember to have faith, first of all with God, second of all with the regimen. Seriously guys, one of you needs to post a comment or vote, i feel alone here, lol. Until tomorrow, peace,

Tyler

Week 4, Day 4 of tracking my progress:

Maybe I should just shorten this up a bit. My face really only has that one zit on my upper cheek and it has pretty much gone away. Pretty much just red spots. My face didn't peel at all at lunch today, yep, not even a little bit. The only complaint i have is that the moisturizer washes off and shows during basketball practice, so i have to keep wiping it off with my shirt. Come on guys, post a comment, one person. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, talk to you guys and gals later, peace,

Tyler

Hi Tyler. I'm around day 30 now...I had really great success at first, then I broke out and it took me a while to get that cleared up. I think it partially had to do with me becoming lazy though, and not properly applying the BP (I was doing it pretty roughly and in a hurry, and not really rubbing until it was fully absorbed). Things are looking up now though, and I'm really excited. Good luck with the regimen...I really honestly believe that it works.

WEEK 4, DAY 5:

Pretty much the same as yesterday. Trying to get a few small whitehead type of pimples on my cheeks but i think they won't ever come, but if they do its no big deal. My skin wanted to peel today for some reason, but whatever, probably cause i wipe so much sweat off my face during bball practice. My skin complexion also didn't look very good either for some reason, But it should be okay by tomorrow. Thank You so much AB, and congrats on being the first one to post here, jk. Finally someone did!!!! yeah im glad, more comments are welcome, no matter what they are about. God bless all of you,

Tyler

WEEK 4, DAY 6

The pimples i was talking about earlier didn't develop, thankfully, but are still there a little bit. My skin complexion did look better than yesterday, so i was very happy about that. My face also didn't peel today. What else can I say? How's life treating you guys and girls? fill me in....peace,

Tyler

Sounds like its working for you. Keep up the good work!

Appreciate it amanda, anyways:

WEEK 4 DAY 7

When i first got up this morning those zits were still trying to develop on my upper cheek. This is very annoying, but they aren't full fledged pimples, more like small whiteheads that havent developed yet. My skin complexion sucked this morning but got better as the day went on as i was outside a lot (cutting grass, playing basketball, screeching the tires on my lawnmower, lol). I also got to watch my friends high school play football on espn. Hoover alabama(friends school) vs.nease florida. It was pretty cool, because he used to be my neighbor and go to a really small private school in mississippi and now his high school football team plays on espn. Anyways, if any of you would like to talk about sports, music, school, or anything else on this board then feel free. It would help us all to concentrate on something besides acne. Well, hopefully more comments will come, peace,

Tyler

Ok, so i have been tracking my progress for 8 days, but i started the regimen on July 31, at night. So i am almost 1 month through. Anyways, I was very pleased with my face this morning. Those zits really stopped trying to develop and i think that they will never show up. Also my skin didn't peel to much either when i got up, and my skin complexion looked a lot better. On the other side of my face, my upper cheek is trying to do the same thing the other side did: develop 3 to 4 little small pimples. But its all good besides that, talk to you guys later,

Tyler

Sorry for the lapse in posts, yesterday night, i came in the computer room and moved the mouse to turn the screen saver off and as I did, the power went out. It is now 9:00 at night a day later, So here goes:

Yesterday and today my face has started breaking out. I believe it is because i have gotten sick the past few days, but not sure. I went to the doctor today and he prescribed me something but told me to lay off my acne antibiotic (septra) for a week. Hopefully the regimen will do the work for me, but who knows.

On another note, katrina was one rough storm. We had 80+ winds in north mississippi(where i live) and it was no fun. Lots of trees were down. From what i see on tv the people in gulfport no longer have a gulfport to call home, as it is seriously flooded down there. My prayers are with you all, and all other comments about anything are welcome, peace,

Tyler

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

New Orleans is pretty bad. Pretty much anywhere in southeast Louisiana is bad. I've heard stories about it but haven't been able to watch the news. Everything is good where I am. We're taking in a lot of people from NO. I just think I freaked out cause I've never lived in a place where they had hurricanes.

Anyway you seem to be doing well with your skin. Good luck in the future and hope you feel better (if you're still sick).

Yeah, im still sick, but its not that bad(no school for me today biggrin.gif ) Where do you live Fearless?

Well, today i slept in because, as you know, i am sick. My face looks better than yesterday, but i still have some zits. My chin feels horrible when i rub the bp in, but it doesn't really seem to have any zits on it. Hopefully there won't be any to form there, but it feels like they will. Hopefully me getting off septra for a week won't hurt me but i will fill you in. As always, more comments are always wanted, even if they don't apply to my posts, whatever you want to talk about. Peace,

Tyler

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I live outside of Baton Rouge. I don't have school until next tuesday. Get well soon then. Whenever I was sick my mom made it miserable for me. I think her theory was that I really had to be sick to put up with it. No tv, sick food, no computer, and I had to listen to Dr. Laura on the radio when I was in the car with her. I was so happy when Dr. Laura went off the air.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Can't say I have....sorry. Is that in Baton Rouge or is it in Mississippi?

It's right outside of baton rouge. A weird thing about it though, is that it plays in the mississippi private school league. My school baseball team played them last year in a 4 team playoff series. It was a very long drive, lol. They are really really good at baseball, as they had like 3 or 4 players go to div. 1 colleges or higher (pro/semi pro). It seems like you should have heard of them, but oh well.

Today was pretty much an improvement upon the pimples i had yesterday. Really no new pimples forming. Skin complexion looks pretty good for the most part. Still have lots of redmarks, but i have had redmarks for over a year now so im pretty used to them. Anybody know of anything good that fades them? It would have to be something that wouldn't negatively affect the results of the regimen though. Well talk to u guys later, more posts needed all you high school people out there(or not) biggrin.gif . I'm out,

Tyler

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I'm one of those people who is tottaly oblivious to the world around them. It took me 5 years to find my way around Memphis. There are still parts of Memphis I can't find. Anywho that's awesome that your skin is doing better today. I hope your progress keeps up

- Bunny

Lol, fearless.

Today my face looks better than yesterday. I really don't have any active pimples but if I do they are really small. But like I said earlier, I have a lot of redmarks. Yeah, they suck, but I would much rather have them instead of zits. Talk to you guys later,

Tyler

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Red marks are the scourge of the earth! Glad it's all good in da hood. I think the only reason my skin looks worse then it is cause of my red marks. I wish I could burn the little buggers off, but that'd be counterproductive. Man can you tell I'm bored?

Just a lil boredom.

My face looks great today. One tiny pimple that tried to form but didn't really succeed. Go mississippi state!!!! thats right i live in bulldog country baby!!!!!! talk to you guys later.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I live in Tiger country. I've never seen people so obsessed since I lived in Knoxville. I wonder it I wore my Tennessee t-shirt in the LSU campus if I'd be mauled? I might try it one day ninja.gif

Good news, State won. Yeah, we beat murray state. Who by the way, looked like a high school team. Anyways, we still beat somebody. My face looked great today and yesterday, really don't have any active pimples(maybe one or two whiteheads, but really small). I got to hang out with a lot of girls last night at the game, and that was definately great, especially when I didn't have to really worry about my face. Fearless, I would definately try it. Be brave, stand up for your school.

Talk to you guys later,

Tyler

Today my skin still looked good. It is a little irritated however from sun exposure i believe. It's not bad irritation, my face is just a little sensitive, thats all. I have a zit thats on the left side of my face on my cheek. It doesn't look all that great, but since its pretty much the only one ive got it doesn't look all that bad either. I have to go back to school tomorrow and that is going to suck. Any comments are always welcome, about anything you want to talk about(i know that i say this like 50 times a day), pray for me,

Tyler

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

We did have school here for awhile and now I gotta go back on Wednesday. I'm not excited about it plus my parents keep asking me if I've studied or read anything. I'm the queen of procrastination. Anyway I'm also none to excited cause my skin is really dry and I look like I've aged 10 years. Hmmm.... maybe that's good cause I look so young that maybe people think I'm my actual age.