Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK where to begin with.....

I have a dry skin and pus-filled ance..... i've read the whole forum and i can't find information how to treat acne on dry skin, nor i can't figure out how come i have pus-filled acne's on dry skin? Doesnt that suppose to be due to too much oil production? which results in a oily skin? I want to give a try a B5 treatment.... but all information i found its mainly for oily skin... although i emailed b5supplements and they told me although i have dry skin, their regiment works for this type of acne i have. I will appriciate if anyone can guide me how to find out what is the cause of my acne.

I wouldn't try the B5 if I were you, since it makes the skin dryer.

Why don't you try hibiclens cleanser? You can get it at the drugstore and it kills bacteria but doesn't dry out the skin at all. It has completely cleared me of my pus-filled lesions.

You should follow this with a very good moisturizer that is made for dry skin but is oil free. I really like Epionce renewal lotion and also Biomedic extra mild protection.

Also, don't forget to exfoliate!! This is usually one of the main reasons people with dry skin get acne. I have found that a microdermabrasion cloth is the most effective and gentle (from ebay).

Hi there, I have obnoxiously dry skin and acne as well. I've been doing Dan's regimen for ...um, 7 months - it seems to be working quite well. You just have to be extra gentle, and moisturize, moisturize - like it's going out of style. I like emu oil (no breakout probs.), NaPCA, and beyond belief abh cream (sally beauty supply).

Takara is SOOO right about the exfoliators - the scrubs break me out every single time, no matter the brand, ingredients, or how noncomedogenic it claims to be. The best thing I've found for exfoliation is indeed a washcloth - it works so well. I've never tried the microdermabrasion cloth, but I'm going out to get one later today, lol. Exfoliating this way, as opposed to a granual-type scrub, really helps take off the flaky layer too - so it makes my skin feel less dry.

Hi Imtoo,

I am not the most familiar with dry skin, as mine is oily, but I would like to try to help. The others have given good suggestions so far.

I was wondering, what about your skin makes you describe it as dry?

Also, what are you presently doing/using to/on your skin?

One simple ingredient I have considered using many times as a simple cleanser is milk. Milk and oatmeal might be good for you, to moisturize and exfoliate.

If ever you really need a surge of moisture, maybe you could try this recipe:

To have extra moisturizer, make a pack with a mixture of ten almonds, two spoons oatmeal, four tablespoons of full cream milk, two spoons china clay, juice of half a lemon and one mashed avocado. Apply it gently on your face then leave for twenty minutes. Dampen cotton wool with cold milk and wipe it off. Finally, splash your face with cold water and apply light moisturizer.

milk contains lactic acid, a natural alpha hydroxy acid that helps the skin exfoliate dead skin cells away from the surface of the skin. It is also very hydrating and soothing to the complexion.

sometimes dry skin causes acne!

i noticed on my face that when i had acne it was really dry using all these treatments and stuff... but then one day i was like i had enough so i just used a moisturizer and the next day my skin looked soo much coalmer and not irritated and it kinda helped the acne a bit too because the skin around the acne is delicate and the moizturizer helps the skin heal faster.

i forgot. i use glaxal base! but i am not sure if it is goood...

well the pharmacist recommended it to me. and i love it.

it is the only moisturizer that got rid of my flakies and got rid of my dry tight feeling.

I have dry skin and acne, and I agree an exfoliant is the best treatment (at least for me). Try a chemical exfoliant like salicylic acid (beta hydroxy acid), alpha hydroxy acid, or retinol (but I'd avoid the high-potency topical vitamin A some people are using -- that would likely be too harsh for your skin).

i have a question....

i just started using spectro gel. and my face feels so tight.. does that mean it is dry too?

or is it just the weather change? it got a little bit colder.

i don't have that oily skin.

maybe spectro derm will help?

ideas?

I have dry skin and acne, and I agree an exfoliant is the best treatment (at least for me). Try a chemical exfoliant like salicylic acid (beta hydroxy acid), alpha hydroxy acid, or retinol (but I'd avoid the high-potency topical vitamin A some people are using -- that would likely be too harsh for your skin).