Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jamone

Foods that put on weight but dont break you out?

Over the last 3-4 months ive been making some adjustments in my diet such as drinking alot more water, taking flaxseed oil and cutting out any pop/soda and most chocolate but i still have some junk food now and again. Anyway i havnt lost any weight but i really need to gain some but i dont wanna risk doing weight lifting because it can break some people out due to the diet involved. What foods are there that i can eat that will help me put on weight but wont break me out?

eww those made me have the biggest cysts ever! they oxideze fast in the body thats why i think it it was bad for my skin.

I've gained some weight by adding more fruit to my diet (good carbs), nuts, and more protein (eggs and chicken). I just eat a lot more than I used to, if you increase your total calories you should gain weight. That's great your trying to gain it the healthy way...I know how tempting it is to go back to eating junk food, but don't do it smile.gif It took me about 2 months to gain 5 pounds but I feel great...it's worth it to do it the healthy way.

Anymore suggestions people?

So lets i started to eat 4 eggs a day would that break me out? Also i stopped eating white bread ages ago and thats helped with my acne but would it be ok for me to have brown bread or is that just as bad cause i really miss sandwiches lol.

any food with lots of mono and poly unsaturated fats.  advacado?

Avacado is loaded with SATURATED fats. In fact, it is the only vegetable that contains saturated fat.

As Tara mentioned, it is all about total calories. Just eat what you eat now, except more of it. The best thing to do is to find out your maintenance calories by tracking what you eat for a week and then adding about 200cals/day once a week until you start to gain weight. I use fitday.com to track what I eat.

And as far as weight lifting, the diet won't break you out. The only diet you need to follow in order to put on muscle is to make sure that you are consuming more calories than you burn. If you do that and lift weights your body will make muscle.

I workout and build my whole body and I eat tons of meats, 6 meals a day all include meat, I take Creatine and whey protein and 1 cup of skim milk a day.