Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

nope. but tetracycline will not get rid of all of it. you also need bp like dan's regimine and maybe a topical retinoid like tazorac or retin-a.

if you use an antibiotic, bp every night, face wash bar, and retin-a micro, your skin will look like shit. guaranteed. your skin is not made to take all of that stuff. if you give retin a micro a good chance and use it properly for several months, i'm talking 8 or 9 months. you will see an enormous improvement.

ummm....i'm on all of that stuff. tetracycline, benzaclin (bp and clindamycin) and tazorac. and my face is spotless and i don't use lotion.

if you use an antibiotic, bp every night, face wash bar, and retin-a micro, your skin will look like shit.  guaranteed.  your skin is not made to take all of that stuff.  if you give retin a micro a good chance and use it properly for several months,  i'm talking 8 or 9 months.  you will see an enormous improvement.

There is a fine line between medicating just enough and medicating too much. Each individual has a different tolerance and different reaction to meds and treatments. That is what makes it so hard and frustrating to treat acne. What works for me might not work for you. Retin-A Micro was intolerable for me, even taking days off. Differin, which has a similar action, worked great and continues to work great for me. If Retin-A Micro fails you, I would try Differin before giving up on retinoids altogether.

a lot of people claim that there are no initial breakouts with antibiotics, but i think that whenever you start ANY kind of new medicine for acne, you will experience some sort of skin reaction. I know with minocycline, I got a couple of pimples when I first started..same with doxycycline. It's different for everyone, but don't feel discouraged. Give antibiotics 3-6 months and I'm sure you'll see an improvement.