Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkangel

exotic scar treatment? (Urine)

i have these lightly pitted scars and some faded redness all over my cheeks. when my neighbor saw this, she started to tell me about her friend's experience. her friend had the same acne problem as me, and she would travel a lot. well when she was in malaysia...i think it was....she came across a skin doctor who told her to.....umm.....wash her face with her own urine. well i was shocked by this solution but my neighbor said it really helped her friend and on top of that, she never had a breakout again. at first i told myself that i would never even think of that solution....but im not sure anymore. what if it really works? well, im sorry if this was a disturbance for you. but if anybody has heard....or maybe tried this method, i would really appreciate some feedback. thank you.

Darkangel.......... I never tried this solution before but I'll pee in your face if you would like me to. Sorry but that is the most outrageous thing I've heard in this board. I wouldn't experiment by putting pee on my face. Plus isn't pee all that crude your body wants to get rid of?

Well darkangel, I say what have you got to lose? Can't smell much worse than vinegar!! I would think the urine in the am is worse, 'cause that is the highest concentrated. Think how dark it is compared to the other times of day. So, for those of you who've heard of this outrageous method, is it meant for acne mostly or scarring??

I've heard about the urine treatment too... I know lots of people on the internet who've used it and not one of em had anything negative to say about it. Except that it smells and makes u wanna vomit.... but once u get used to it :-k All I can say is that it seems to work for a lot of people...

Apparently urine is good for many things - if you pee in the shower you don't get tinea. True.

Anyway, good luck with slathering your faces with wizz - I think I'll stick to just plain old water when it comes to liquids I put on my face.

[sEES THE FUTURE - all who try this remedy end up as key players on fetishist golden showers films. EEEEEK]

8-[

Yikes!!!

I have also heard of this for treating acne, but not treating scars.

Don't think I'd be willing to do it unless there was proof that it would work extremely well, but that's just me.

If it doesn't bother you, go for it.

Yeah, you adventuresome, pioneering spirit types give it a whirl, or whizz. We support you 100 percent. =D> Keep us posted!

Eastern Europeans use urine for almost all skin ailments. It is sterile when it first comes out of the bladder so it must be fresh, but I'd be hesitant to use it on open areas of skin. Many skin care products contain urea, but it’s only a fraction.

My aunt lives in Germany and is really into "natural" treatments. She also mentioned this as a way to go. Although to balance this out, my aunt self treated an infection on her leg with salves, balms, and poultices and wound up almost losing the limb.

My mom is 76 and she says when she was 14 she broke out and bought some soap at the drugstore (she can't remember the name) used it once and said it burned like hell. However, she has never broken out again, by the way neither has my dad. I have a brother and a sister and we all break out. SUCKS!!! Anyway, she thinks the soap was a type of sulphur compound which would align it with morning urine. If I knew it was going to work.....but still.... YUCK!!!!

You will find that the ingredient UREA is in many skin care products - UREA is from Urine.. mainly from horses/cows Urine. Many of you will have applied it to your face and body unwittingly.

I have heard that it is in fact excellent for acne and burns (if taken internally and externally) but I doubt it has any scar healing properties.

Maya is absolutely right, thanks Maya, I think that was very educative. O:) You don't always know what's in the ingredients, that's the reason why I prefer to make my own personal care stuff, that way you know exactly what you put on your face, hair and body. You'll die laughing if you know what they put as ingredients in the commercial products. Some exotic one includes placenta (either human placenta or animal placenta!).

It is true, urine contains amino acids, vitamins, hormones, enzymes, antigens and immunoglobulins. But SO ARE honey, egg, milk, etc. Do some research. Check chemical composition of urine, and compare it to chemical compositions of honey, milk and egg. You'll understand what I mean, and you'll be greatfull to drink milk and/or honey than drinking the urine. Naturally, God creates urine as a waste. It is biodegradable, indeed. Excellent food for soil and plants. So, why not let your plant 'drink' the urine and YOU EAT/DRINK/PUT ON THE PLANT! :D That way you 'recycle' the urine. No waste. :)

Honey and milk has even more amino acids, vitamins, hormones, enzymes, antigens and immunoglobulins than urine. But if you want the most complete nutrients to put on your face? You have far superior (and far less yuckier) alternative than urine. Put EGG YOLK on!!! Egg yolk has the most complete nutrients in the whole planet. If you think your skin is too sensitive and egg yolk might break you out, imagine what urine can do to your sensitive skin! :D

Some exotic one includes placenta (either human placenta or animal placenta!).  

This is very true!!! When I had twins, I remember asking my midwife what they were going to do with the placentas, she told me that they collected them and some company bought it from them and sold them on to companies like Elizabeth Arden to put in their face creams. Apparently, placentas from boy babies are more prized (testosterone???) so they must've had a field day with me - I had twin boys!!

Maya, LOL :D

I guess if there is no other ingredients on the planet work for me, then I might consider placenta cream. Definetely placenta has far more nutrients than urine or even egg does O:) (I want Maya's baby's placenta cream! LOL). You should ask for a lot of $, Maya. Can you imagine how many creams the Arden can make using 2 placentas? LOL The price for 1 tiny jar of placenta cream is outrageous!

In our culture (Indonesia), human placenta is considered sacred. You have to take a good care of it, because the placenta was the nutrient for your baby, it feed your baby to keep the baby alive, it's part of your baby, like 'the second mother' for the baby. When a baby's born, the grandmother, midwive or whoever help the mother, will cover the placenta with coffin, put it in an open clay pot, cover it with soil and burry the placenta, so the placenta can feed the mother earth and make it fertille for plants. I know...I know it sounds irrational, but I think it is a very ecologically responsible tradition. Besides, I think burrying placenta is less irrational than putting urine or sperm/cement on your face :)

If you have athletes foot piss on your feet while in the shower, stand around for a few minutes to let it soak in then shower like normal. It's an old Army trick. And it does work I've been told. But pissing on my face? I like to try new things, but it ain't ever gonna get that kinky around here.

My professor once told us that some Indian women use it on their face daily to smooth out their skin. He asked us have you ever heard of as smooth as a babies bottom? Well a baby pees on itself constantly as funny as that sounds. And like Maya said, alot of the expensive creams have urea which is a component of urine. I am unsure if it has any scar helping properties, but I am sure it's useful for other things.

Also, I was watching an episode of Survivor some time ago and a contestant was stung by some poisonous fish(can't remember) and being a nurse he asked someone to pee on the sting to neutralize it. Pretty interesting. :-s

Sixofnine,

ask your professor, where the 'baby rash' come from? It is the 'pee' that irritates the baby bottom! That's why a mother should change the diaper as soon as it gets wet! The baby and children skin is smooth because of the collagen, not the pee. The collagen reduce as we ages, that's why we got wrinkles and stuff. The baby bottom is only smooth when the mother wipes the dirt (urine and feces residue) and change the diaper often. If the pee really makes the bottom smooth, try not changing the diaper for the whole day and CHECK THE BABY BUT! :D I cannot believe a professor says that... LOL :)

Of course urine has a lot of useful stuff, but it also has a loooooot of germs and bacteria. There are many natural ingredients that has similar property than urine, with less germs.

Yes, urine can neutrilize the sting from jelly fish, but so can vinegar and lemon. Any acids will do the trick. If you got bee sting or poison ivy in your face, you can use pee, but you can also use lemon, lime, vinegar or baking soda. I personally would defenitely choose lemon, lime or baking soda over vinegar (not my favorite smell), let alone PEE! :D

Maharti,

Good points. I had that psych professor awhile back. It's just something that I recalled when I read this post and wanted some thoughts on it. I am thinking the reason why it was good for smooth skin is because of the uric acid. It acts sort of like a peel like Ahas, you know. And too much of it will make you red and irritated. Just a thought.

I guess urine would be useful if you happen to be in the middle of nowhere on a deserted island an there was no vinegar or lemon around!! :D

I am actually going to try using honey as a facial. It's alot sweeter! LOL And people on here seem to be having some good experiences with it.

sixofnine

Melinda, LOL I am telling you...If I told you what people actually put on their faces, you're not gonna believe it!

Ok, here is another story, my personal experience. I used to have flawless skin until I got a scholarship to go to Oregon for a year, as an exchange student, when I was in High School. Maybe because my skin couldn't adjust very well with new environment, new diet and new weather, my skin started breaking outs. 2 months before I went back to Indonesia was the worst for me. My host Mom tried to get me clearasil, clear skin or whatever acne products available, but didn't help me a bit.

Back in Indonesia, my Mom couldn't believe it when she saw my skin. She treated me herself, gave me herbal drink, put cooked honey on my face every day, egg mask twice weekly etc. A month later the acne was healed, but when I was under the treatment (the first week), I visited a good friend of mine. Her Mom went "Oh my God...what happened to your face?" She grabbed me and whispered "Let me tell you my secret...When you get your period, rub your dirty pad on your face. Let the blood dries up about 10-15 minutes and rinse. I'd never had acne, as you can see". I was so shocked, I couldn't say anything. Mens blood? Rubbed in your face? Thank you, but NO thank you. I am not THAT desperate LOL :D Hey, I was cured without using any disguisting stuff anyway. Thanks to all the herbs, egg, honey and my beloved MOM :)

Sixofnine, LOL

Too bad you cannot ask your professor. O:) But hopefully those who consider pee as a cure can ask themselves. If the pee makes the baby skin smooth, how come babies and children have overall smooth skin: face, legs, hands, back? Those are the parts that don't get any pee. While diaper areas that are 'soaked' in the pee, often get the most horrible diaper rash? :D See? No pee, no rash! LOL :)/

We are talking about baby urine here, which is btw, a lot milder than ours! Imagine the rash you might get on your face. 8-[ OR...do skin patch first. Buy an adult diaper, pees there, and left it over night. If your butt and diaper areas didn't get any rash, then ....maybe urine is safe enough to put on your face. LOL :D

Sixofine is right. The acids in urine can help exfoliate the skin, and acts as counter irritant (in case of jelly fish or poison ivy). Any acids (and strong alkaline) will have the same effect : lemon, lime, grapefruit, even baking soda (a base)...Besides, isn't vinegar smell bad enough? O:) Well if you insist, just use the urea cream. I guess sterilized urea that they use on skin products is ok because they already removed/killed the harmfull germs and bacteria. But raw urine? I mean, come on people, just use your common sense! :D I hope many people read your msg, Sixo. If you are out in the middle of a desert and you cannot find anything else to exfoliate your skin, then go pee yourself. LOL O:) (me? I would rather use the desert sand to exfoliate! LOL :D )