Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sir Anxiety

My diet and acne relation.

Alright, I'm not sure what I have.. I think I could very well have candida or something like it. But within the last week I added an element to my diet (peanut butter) that blew up my forehead in tiny pimples and two good sized ones and such. Since then I have scrambled to eat nothing but tuna/applesauce and some oatmeal for the last three days approaching my trip to Cedar Point amusement park.

And my skin is clearing up nicely.. so whatever weird reason I have for acne, it occurs when I consume too much sugar, bread, greasy meats, and nuts.. , and as soon as I cut out all sugar except from apples, I clear up completely.

I'm having a tough time wondering what I'm going to do three days at an amusement park. I don't think there will be a lot of healthy options available, and I really doubt tuna with applesauce is going to be on any of the menus.

I'll end up bringing my oatmeal and tuna with me and disgust my girlfriend though. So much for candlelit dinners or whatever those cliches are.

I wonder if there is a better way to test if I have candida then the spit test? Something more reliable? And considering I did have candida..how long would it take to kill this son of bitch?

Plus, my 'food intolerance' has progressively gotten worse over the last year. Two years ago I drank skim milk religiously and ate hamburgers and had take out and fast food a few times a week with minor risk for breakout (making it worth it to me at the time).. I can't get away with any of that anymore.. the resulting breakout is guaranteed now..and if candida is something that 'feeds' and grows. . seems like there is ample evidence whatever is causing this has only been getting stronger.

I don't know anything about candida/acne but wanted to congratulate you on finding a way to clear your skin with diet. Kudos. Sticking to a diet of applesauce and tuna shows great resolve. If I were you, I'd now try adding back some foods that are similar to the ingredients that you know are safe. I'd try other fish, fruit and vegetables first. Then chicken breast, maybe. Though peanut butter is touted as a good source of protein, the regular variety has a ton of sugar in it. Try just nuts like almonds or walnuts first.

As to the trip to the park, see

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside_pa...ing/special.cfm

Check the restaurants in the park, too--you can even call them to ask about their menu choices. I don't think even a candlelit dinner with your gfriend needs to be out: have a salad (with the dressing aside) with fish or chicken. If canned tuna is okay with you, you could try halibut or cod or tilapi or orange roughy or whatever they happen to have--broiled or grilled. Avoid anything breaded/panfried. Pack your own snacks (apples and tuna). AND HAVE FUN!

I don't know anything about candida/acne but wanted to congratulate you on finding a way to clear your skin with diet. Kudos. Sticking to a diet of applesauce and tuna shows great resolve.  If I were you, I'd now try adding back some foods that are similar to the ingredients that you know are safe. I'd try other fish, fruit and vegetables first.  Then chicken breast, maybe. Though peanut butter is touted as a good source of protein, the regular variety has a ton of sugar in it. Try just nuts like almonds or walnuts first.     

As to the trip to the park, see 

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside_pa...ing/special.cfm

Check the restaurants in the park, too--you can even call them to ask about their menu choices. I don't think even a candlelit dinner with your gfriend needs to be out: have a salad (with the dressing aside) with fish or chicken.  If canned tuna is okay with you, you could try halibut or cod or tilapi or orange roughy or whatever they happen to have--broiled or grilled. Avoid anything breaded/panfried. Pack your own snacks (apples and tuna).  AND HAVE FUN!