Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lookingforsolution

Is Aloe Vera a Cure?

I have seen many posts on acne boards by people that have said that they have put some aloe vera gel on their face in the morning and by the end of the day when they look in the mirror their skin oil was at a minimum and in some cases their face looked the same as it did in the morning when they first applied the gel. Does anyone have any experiences with this?

yeah my sister did it, and she got so much little bumps on her face

Ok, aloe it’s actually water and a lot of mineral and some vitamins and enzymes so it is great for ski plus it doesn’t clog the pores , it heals wounds.

Some people react bad to aloe though so u have to make sure it’s ok for you.

I would recommend to you aloe vera gel as pure as possible, from the plant or this one : Jason Natural 98% aloe vera gel.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

it is pure enough, no comedogenic ingredients and the price it’s ok too.

Jason natural Cosmetics 98% aloe vera super gel: as the name implies, this product contains a high percentage of aloe vera gel. This percentage isn't gimmicky as you can tell from its ingredient list that there are few other ingredients added to it. ingredients: aloe vera gel(pH 3.5-5.5 natually, healthy skin: pH 5.5), allantoin(helps heal wounds & skin ulcers. Stimulates growth of healthy tissue), panthenol(vitamin B5, soothing and water binding), carbomer(thickener), polysorbate 20(non-comedogenic, emulsifier), arginine(an essential amino acid, its alkalinity is used to counteract the aloe's over-acidity), chlorophyll(green coloring of plant exeretion), spirulina(natural colour), methylparaben(preservative). There are no artificial fragrance added to it, yet there is a faint fresh herbal fragrance which I suspect to be from either chlorophyll or spirulina.

:D/

I say go for it , it could not hurt and the price make it ok too, if it doesn’t work for your face u can always use it on the body and hair.

Just tried some 97% Aloe Vera Gel ) - this stings a little bit at first, but not so much as Neutrogena Moisture Day Lotion SPF15.

Oh the ingredients of my gel:

Aloe Barbadensis (97%)

Triethanolamine

Carbomer

Imidazolidinyl Urea

Methylparaben

Tetrasodium EDTA.

Might try to get hold of some Jason 98% Aloe Vera - sounds much better with the spirulina etc.

I have some 99.9% aloe vera gel and since the regimen isnt working brilliantly for me I am going to start using this instead of a moisturiser to see what happens........

I love the effect aloe vera produces on my skin.Aloe vera like Violeta said is rich in vitamins. Aloe vera has many minerals and aminoacids that penetrate the 3 layers of the skin.The gel of this plant has 19 aminoacids out of the 23 it has, that help the skin form new cells and tissue.The vitamins that this plant has are B1,B2,B6,B12,A,C, & E (I've ben doing a bit of research on it). As a little historic fact, in Egypt Nefertiti and Cleopatra used it to be more beautiful. Anyway aloe vera never completely cured my moderate acne. I would not recommend it for someone who is trying to get rid of their acne, since it honestly never worked for me. I use it once in a while so it can soothe my skin from using bp. It really is great for the skin and it doesn't aggrevate acne since it actaully does away with bacteria that clogs the skin's pores.