Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sean1977

What treatment should I try to treat my scars???

Lexy... Have you found any before/after pics of anyone who had exoderm done for scarring?? I've tried, but have not been able to find any. I've heard people say they got excellent results, but none of those people have been willing to share before/after pics, so it makes me skeptical... For all I know, they had very mild scarring and the act of tightening the skin made the scars "disappear".

My two main concerns are loss of pigmentation and how effective it is on scars. What information have you been able to gather?

Sean..

The pics I saw were at Dr. Rullan's website, so of course one should consider the source when judging them. I am always skeptical of before and afters on commercial websites. I have never been able to find before and afters of someone posting their own photos independently, but then again those are hard to come by w/ many types of treatments. I have been going by much of people's documented experiences w/ Dr. Rullan on forum websites such as this one to make me lean towards wanting this procedure. Who knows, I guess they could be fake. But I figure, the package he offers in treating scars sounds more appealing to me rather than a dermabrasion. Because there is the possibility of subsicion, and the dermabrasion in conjunction w/ the treatment, as well as touch ups and oxygen therapy for healing, it sounded pretty good. Oxygen therapy is supposed to help prevent hyperpigmentation. But if I am not able to get the dermabrasion/chemobrasion w/ my treatment, I probably won't get it done at all. I doubt the phenol peel can be that effective on it's own for moderate to severe scarring, it probably could help, but I'd just try to do it closer to home in that case.

Another reason I would go to him, is because someone I have spoken w/ who I know to be genuine went to him a few years ago for an exoderm and said that he was the best skin doctor he had been to. Those are hard to come by for me, so that interested me as well.

As for the effect on scarring, I'd imagine the phenol peel alone might be able to eliminate shallow scarring, but whether this is a stretch effect or not, I am not sure. When I spoke to Sugarpaw about it, he said it eliminated some of his scarring, and he had it done a few years ago. But I don't know if he had the chemobrasion done or not. I would imagine w/ the chemobrasion, it would be better improvement since the chemobrasion is like a dermabrasion.

Lexy, I have not been able to see any photos on Dr Rullan's website.. do they show up for you? Everything else works on his site except for the photos, they are blank white boxes. Very irritating.. lol.. If you can somehow see them, is there anyway you could post them here????

Well, if it turns out that TCA Cross would not be effective on my scars (I'm still waiting for everyone's opinions), then I think I will set up a consultation with Dr Rullan after some more research...

Sean..

I can see the pics, but it's in flash so I can't right-click on them... anyone have any ideas?

Sean,

It's possible you don't have the Flash plugin installed. It's free from macromedia.com.

Hmmm my scars are very similar to yours, except mine still have the red colour on them sad.gif

Are your scars about the same severity as mine?? Don't worry, the redness will fade away...

Are you planning to try and correct your scars in the future or have you already tried something? If so, what are you considering?

Sean..

The pics I saw were at Dr. Rullan's website, so of course one should consider the source when judging them.  I am always skeptical of before and afters on commercial websites.  I have never been able to find before and afters of someone posting their own photos independently, but then again those are hard to come by w/ many types of treatments.  I have been going by much of people's documented experiences w/ Dr. Rullan on forum websites such as this one to make me lean towards wanting this procedure. Who knows, I guess they could be fake.  But I figure, the package he offers in treating scars sounds more appealing to me rather than a dermabrasion.  Because there is the possibility of subsicion, and the dermabrasion in conjunction w/ the treatment, as well as touch ups and oxygen therapy for healing, it sounded pretty good.  Oxygen therapy is supposed to help prevent hyperpigmentation.  But if I am not able to get the dermabrasion/chemobrasion w/ my treatment, I probably won't get it done at all.  I doubt the phenol peel can be that effective on it's own for moderate to severe scarring, it probably could help, but I'd just try to do it closer to home in that case. 

Another reason I would go to him, is because someone I have spoken w/ who I know to be genuine went to him a few years ago for an exoderm and said that he was the best skin doctor he had been to.  Those are hard to come by for me, so that interested me as well.

As for the effect on scarring, I'd imagine the phenol peel alone might be able to eliminate shallow scarring, but whether this is a stretch effect or not, I am not sure.  When I spoke to Sugarpaw about it, he said it eliminated some of his scarring, and he had it done a few years ago.  But I don't know if he had the chemobrasion done or not.  I would imagine w/ the chemobrasion, it would be better improvement since the chemobrasion is like a dermabrasion.

you sure are promoting DR. Rullan, which is great if he is as good as everyone says he is. I know you take care of his patients right after they get their treatments, but have you seen any of them 6months to a year later. Of course they will look great for the first month while they have edema; even mild swelling will hide true effect. My scars look nearly invisible after an SA peel due to redness and swelling, but after a few days the scars go back to normal. I was also wondering if you were a licensed nurse.

As for the effect on scarring, I'd imagine the phenol peel alone might be able to eliminate shallow scarring, but whether this is a stretch effect or not, I am not sure.  When I spoke to Sugarpaw about it, he said it eliminated some of his scarring, and he had it done a few years ago.  But I don't know if he had the chemobrasion done or not.  I would imagine w/ the chemobrasion, it would be better improvement since the chemobrasion is like a dermabrasion.

If you go to Nam's site, she just finished the Exoderm treatment and she stayed with me after it. She has a slide show that shows you all. She can tell you her personal experience. She had it done by Dr. Rulan and since I took care of her before and after, and I do not work for Dr. Rulan, I can personally testify to the fact that Exoderm, phenol chemical peel, is the best method to get rid of the acne scars. Dermabrasion is NOT....Everyone indeed is turning to this and Dr. Rulan is extremely busy..Please go to Nam, from Hawaii's site and she will tell you personally about her experience. She just stayed with me last week....

about 4 years ago i've done dermabrasion, i have mild to moderate scars and it has 40-50 % improvement... what i have notice after it healed is that some new scars have appeared and my skin looks thin may be because i only have spot dermabrasion in both cheeks..ryt now i'm still seeking for the best treatment... i found this site jaz check it out it might be helpful smile.gifhttp://www.abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php

Goodluck to all of us guys...

If you go to Nam's site, she just finished the Exoderm treatment and she stayed with me after it. She has a slide show that shows you all. She can tell you her personal experience. She had it done by Dr. Rulan and since I took care of her before and after, and I do not work for Dr. Rulan, I can personally testify to the fact that Exoderm, phenol chemical peel, is the best method to get rid of the acne scars. Dermabrasion is NOT....Everyone indeed is turning to this and Dr. Rulan is extremely busy..Please go to Nam, from Hawaii's site and she will tell you personally about her experience. She just stayed with me last week....

My advice is;

Don't do dermabrasion.

I had CO2 and it didn't do anything at all.

I can't imagine how dermabrasion could work as well as CO2, because the CO2 laser controls the depth of skin that is removed. (supposedly)

It sounded good in theory, but it didn't pan out. I will never look at plastic surgeons the same, I was told I could expect an 80% improvement.

Too bad I was young and nieve.

This surgeon also happens to do "vaginal tightening" surgery, and "penis enlargement" surgery.

So you can imagine what a nut this guy is and I am damn lucky that he didn't melt my entire face off now that I think about it.

You people are playing with fire, no doubt about that.

Just be careful, I hope that you get it fixed but I am giving you valuable input when I say that a lot of these guys wouldn't think twice about cutting your pecker off for 5,000$.

One thing to try might be injectibles...I had artecoll for scars on my forehead and although they are still visible it minimized them quite a bit. It might be good to try after a dermabrasion if they are still noticeable.

So what is everyone's thought on Exoderm VS Dermabrasion??  From what I'm reading, it appears that Exoderm can offer better results with one treatment and slightly less downtime and better healing with fewer complications...

Would this be a fair evaluation?   Would really like to hear from those who have had both procedures done, or those who have tried Exoderm..

Thanks,

Sean..

Well .. it's all your choice now. I honestly think Exoderm sounds better, but I haven't had either procedures done. Did you try to PM animegirlie? I'm sure she wouldn't mind helping you ^^

Thanks for the advice, but I've eliminated dermabrasion as an option.. my skin color is too dark and the risk for pigmentation loss would be high...

Sean..