Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearacne2k11

Glycolic peel while on Accutane?

Hello, I just ordered a glycolic peel kit from glycolicsolutions.com, and was wondering if any of you knew if, for any reason I should not use glycolic acid while I'm using Accutane? I've never used glycolic acid before and I am going to be using the peel primarily for acne scarring on my shoulders and chest (mostly discoloration-type scars).

Thank you in advance,

Kevin

She is right you shouldn't do anything to your skin until you have been off og accutane at least six months and preferably a year. Call the DR prescribing the accutane and discuss it with him.

Anon,

Please don't... you may really damage/scar your skin... wait until you are done with accutane I know it's difficult but I think in this situation it is imperative.....

an0nym0u5

Please be patient do one thing at a time. Acutance is a very harsh medication and I wouldn't use anything without discussing it with my DR first.

Thank you MaryTheres and imbue for your replies. It's just that these scars really get me down and I would do anything to get rid of them. These scars unfortunately hold me back from doing some things that I used to enjoy - like swimming, tubing, using the hot tub and pool at the gym i go to, i'm just too embarrassed to take off my shirt and having to worry about what other people would think if they saw my acne scars.

anon, I know, I know..... but you don't want to make anything worse and the chances of just that happening are very very high while on accutane. Take it from someone's whose impatience has caused additonal scarring/damage and please wait.

use makeup for your face

I've thought about that, but...I'm more worried about the major acne scars on my shoulder/back/chest areas more than the minor acne scars on my face.

use makeup for your face

I've thought about that, but...I'm more worried about the major acne scars on my shoulder/back/chest areas more than the minor acne scars on my face.

dont do it. something about how accutane makes you shed your inner pore lining. during that time your skin is super fragiile even if it doesnt seem like it. i kno it sucks cos im dealing with the same thing. i've had one laser surgury on my face then started accutane and i cant do any peels or anymore surguys for a year after i'm done. i cant swim or take off my shirt or anything either cos i have major scarring that covers my entire back. i knooo it suckkkss sooo bad. and makes you sad and depressed. but there are alot of people that deal with this stuff. like me- if you ever looked at me you would have no idea that i have the same thing cos oviously people wear clothes and stuff lol. but if u hold out you will be much happier in the end. using acids and stuff on your skin will leave more scarring because your skin wont be able to heal properly on that medicine. and the red scarring is actually one of the eaisist scars to get rid of! so consider your self semi lucky lol. and idk how long you've been on accutane but because of the inner pore lining shedding some people say it works wonders on their scars. esp. the red ones.

hope this helpsss