Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ubermensch

Anyone here tried Prohormones?

If anyone here has tried a Prohormone such as Superdrol or M1T, did it affect your skin and/or make you break out?

The same question applies to 6-OXO, Rebound XT, Nolva, Blue Rhino etc.

If anyone here has tried a Prohormone such as Superdrol or M1T, did it affect your skin and/or make you break out?

Thanks SweetJade.

People say that supplements such as creatine cause breakouts and I have found this to be true, but the breakout was fairly minimal if you know what I mean. I was wondering if PH's cause breakouts far more extreme, so that I could decide whether or not the risk is worth it. I have been considering Superdrol, which is more or less considered a PH. If this caused major breakouts I would give it a miss.

I was thinking about taking SD beacuse I am a hardgainer, and I'm confident that I would get a lean body muscle increase of 20lbs from a Superdrol cycle.

Don't take this crap, Geordie. It can't be good for you, ffs!

Here's more for ya

A) 6-OXO = Aromatase Inhibitor which stops Testosterone from converting into Estrogen (not very good for women or men fighting acne, hirsituism, androgenic alopecia)

5. What are the side effects of 6-OXO?

The side effects of 6-OXO are those that can be expected from increased testosterone (and DHT) production. The most common complaint is acne (although this also shows that the product is working). Increased sex drive is also common. With long-term use, risk of BPH (prostate enlargement) and male pattern baldness may be increased, and the possibility of these occuring may be reduced by concurrent use of finasteride (propecia, proscar) or, in the case of BPH, saw palmetto. http://www.ironmagazine.com/review32.html 

Don't take this crap, Geordie. It can't be good for you, ffs!

Here's more for ya

A) 6-OXO = Aromatase Inhibitor which stops Testosterone from converting into Estrogen (not very good for women or men fighting acne, hirsituism, androgenic alopecia)

5. What are the side effects of 6-OXO?

The side effects of 6-OXO are those that can be expected from increased testosterone (and DHT) production. The most common complaint is acne (although this also shows that the product is working). Increased sex drive is also common. With long-term use, risk of BPH (prostate enlargement) and male pattern baldness may be increased, and the possibility of these occuring may be reduced by concurrent use of finasteride (propecia, proscar) or, in the case of BPH, saw palmetto. http://www.ironmagazine.com/review32.html 

B) Superdrol - mild aromatase inhibitor

Unwelcome Growth

As stated earlier, Superdrol is a mild androgen, and anti-estrogenic. Testers found no occurrence of acne, excessive hair growth, indications of benign prostate hypertrophy (BPH). You will not want to brave the back cramps to take enough of this to make you have to begin to be worried about androgenic sides. At 40mg, one tester noticed a tendency to bruise more easily. Zero estrogen conversion with this one, because it's 5-reduced and A-ring alkylated on top of that. Binding to the aromatase enzyme, estrogen production will be reduced. Also, the parent compound (Masteron) is used exclusively as an anti-neoplastic for metastatic breast cancer, so Superdrol is a strong anti-e. Clearly, Superdrol is not progestational, it is non-aromatizable, and even anti-estrogenic. But this said, it is worth reminding you that no one is clear on what the reasons are for why people get gyno. It can occur even in people using substances with these characteristics. One tester thought he could be having some early symptoms of gyno, although on paper there is clearly no reason to suspect Superdrol contributed to this. The point to take from this is that it is imperative to always have nolvadex or generic tamoxifen citrate powder on hand to administer at the first notice of symptoms of gyno.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=485433

I know this a SUPER old thread but the ignorance in this thread astounds me!

PH or pro hormones once processed by the liver CONVERT into an active steroid! They are not mild AI's (inhibitors). Yes 6oxo, novedex are but not the PH's like superdrol or what is now cloned as mdrol and many others, phera, bold (eq), hdrol (halodrol), tren, winny, 3ad, protodrol to name just a few. Some DS (designer steroids) don't even need conversion they are already an active steroid like epi (havoc, epidrol). Sad thing is most of those are bought over the counter by people who really don't know what they are buying. "Oh cool it helps build muscle" ya know.....

Superdrol is one of the HARSHEST ph's out there too as far as side effects!

To answer the question yes you will 99% sure probably have an increase in acne... to what degree? Who knows depends on the person, some people are lucky and have veryyyy minimal if any acne.

I just didn't want anyone to find this thread and think the above responses were accurate. I know its old and lots of knowledge has been gained since then and now but anyway!

I have ran a cycle of 3ad, bold, and halodrol and I did break out... not awful but there was a deff an increase

Good Day!

Edited by appleyard777