Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone. I'm currently about 2.5 months into my Accutane course and I haven't had any new pimples or zits in the past week or so. HOPEFULLY, this means that I'm near the stage that I'm anticipating: clear skin!

**knocks on wood**

So, while my face is smooth, I still have red marks on them from old acne. I've been looking into buying something to help my red marks fade quicker, cause I'm heading back to school in two weeks and one day. I was just wondering if anyone knew if things like Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel is too harsh for my skin while I'm still on Accutane? I'd rather have some sort of confirmation or advice before I do anything to aggravate my skin at this point, so if anyone knows, the answer would be much appreciated.

Anyway, any responses would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

peels are a definite no-go on accutane. actually, everything except for moisturizers and the most gentle of cleansers are a no-go. you'll burn a hole in your face. =[. your derm should have told you this already, but you're supposed to wait 6 months minimum post accutane before doing any peels or "invasive" skin experiments.

they will fade naturally..

i'm in the EXACT same position as you, wingsfan. next to no new zits on my 2nd month of accutane and my face is smoothing out. it's just these pesky red marks, and i go back to school in about a month! it's annoying because everything is "too harsh." however my mom was digging in her medicine cabnet and remembered something she had. it's this weird french cream made by "La Therapie Paris" called "Creme Fortifiante." i don't even know what the hell is in this stuff because it doens't even say, but it does say it's for soothing and softening high color skin. you can probably order it online, but i do know that it's expensive. a little bit of it does go a long way though, and i think it's working. my redness has faded significantly according to my friends and family(you know how it's hard to tell yourself seeing your mug every day in the mirror). i guess drinking alot of water with lemon is supposed to help too, but yeah i'm not very good about that. anyways best of luck!

u can try garnier...pure a moisturiser for now..thats what im doing now until im 6 months off the accutane as my face is smooth just red marks!!

good luck

x