Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misterpeachy

HELP WITH SHAVING (FOR MEN)

Hey all,

I recently went thru an Accutane cycle and my skin has inproved much. However, everytime I shave (regular blade, gilette Mach 3) I get really really irritated especially SO MUCH on the upper lip. I was wondering what kinds of shavers did guys use during Accutane and if you guys recommend electric shavers and if so which ones? Any tips to help reduce irritation? I notce that if I don't shave for like 5-7 days my acne improves a LOT but when it gets absolutely necessary to shave it gets worse :D

Mike

I used to use the Mach 3 as you did, but found that the Sensor Excel was a lot nicer on the face after it was recommended to me. I'd say give that a try. Also, shaving with the grain seems to be a lot less irritating, you just lose out on the close shave. I didn't use Accutane though, so this advice might not specifically help you, but in general I think it's a good route to go.

dont shave at all then, simply buy some electric clippers and go over your face with a grade 1 spacer every day.

this way u'll have cool designer stubble, it wont get out of control and no shaving rash

Haha grow a beard is a good method.

I would say electric shaver will not as irriate, although you cant shave it very cleanly.