Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Got back from my first acupuncture sessionn, about 30 mins. ago. Like Scarface, the doctor checked my tounge and she said i had alot of dampness and heat. No clue what that means. She put a bunch of needles on my active pimples all around my face. I looked like the guy from Hell raiser. Then she put 2 on my hand and 2 on my arm and 2 on my feet. Then she left me there for about 20 mins. then she took em out. My face was sooo red and swollen. She said it would subside soon. Then she gave me Magarite Acne Pills, they're supposed to cleanse and cool the blood. and i gotta take them 3 times a day, 6 each time. . . .so 18 all together. She said don't use any topicals. as it will only cause further damage. my session cost 40 dollars. she said i would need 3 to 5 sessions. Pretty small compared to Scarface. We'll see what happens. I will update you guys as much as possible. my next session is saturday morning. Oh and i can't eat spicy food, fried food, beef, shell fish, or alcohol, which sucks cuz there was a party this saturday. mad.gif

Cool cool!!

I was given Magarite Acne Pills before and it did help with my acne but you have to continually take it!!

Just wondering you get the Magarite Acne pills for free right? I checked my local Herb Depot and they sold these for $4 which is really cheap

I live in Canada Ontario Toronto!!

I've also found another place that i use to buy and they sell it for $2.50, I've taken it before as i said it helps with cleansing the liver and also it causes heavy DIAHERREA if i might add, it's a good thing since you know your body is detoxicating itself. I remember my acne had subsided i would get fewer breakouts. Prolly the Accupunture would help out.

I went today for a consultation and the guy told me i didn't need Accupunture but the herbs they had would work better. I paid $46CDN for 4 pouches which should last 2 weeks.

I've had 2 acupuncture sessions myself this week. She tells me that my energy is weak, and that I need to restore my kidneys, spleen, and lungs. I do feel run down alot, and I always have. Remember, acupuncture helps balance and restore the body back to a normal condition. There is no acne nerve to stick a needle in to make it go away. Acne is caused by something going wrong in your body. I firmly believe that acupuncture can and will help. It dates back thousands of years. Also, there are other factors that cause acne that most people fail to look at. Too many chemicals on the skin is just part of it, but I'm talking about inside the body. Everyone is different, so it depends. We need to have a daily regimen for our bodies, not just our skin. Sleeping earlier at night, clearing the mind of useless info, and not stressing can really help. I'm trying all this.

I've seen the Magarite Acne Pills being sold in some Asian stores. If you check Asian grocery stores or general stores you'll find one that sells them. It might be cheaper there than from an acupuncturist.

i had my second session today. since i didnt ask before, today i asked why she put the needles all around my face. She said that this stimulates the body's natural defenses and focuses them on my acne.

Hi, I don't really know how to explain the dampness, and there are a few terms that mean different things but have about the same one in English.

But I think that when she said heat, she meant 'heatiness' - I don't think it's a proper word, but it's a word used alot back home, like "I'm heaty" and it just means that there's an increase in body heat or something.

What she told you to stay away from are pretty much the foods that can cause a person to be heaty, although there are others too like certain types of fruit (ie. durians, etc.). And then of course, there is the lack of water and sleep that can cause a person to be 'heaty' too.

I hope this helped somehow. I don't know much to be able to explain it clearly enough. confused.gif

Hey guys I am suppose too start acupuncture in 2 two weeks. I 'm real curious how your results turn out. good luck and i hope it works.

I've had 4 sessions already, and nothing is changing. She tells me that I must get my energy level up first in order to tackle my acne. I've been going to bed earlier, and that's helping my energy a lot. They say it can take 10 sessions before you see results. That's a lot of money! I have faith in acupuncture though. I'm having 2 more this week.