Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lemonlime

white vinegar

i know everyone seems to be using apple cider vinegar, but has anyone tried white distilled vinegar? i tried using this, and apart from the stinkiness, it seems to be working okay. if the apple vinegar is more milder, maybe the white vinegar will work more faster?

Most people say that apple cider vinegar is best to use on your face. However, after my laser surgery, my Dermatologist recommended I cleanse my face with diluted white vinegar. I think that's fine so long as it's diluted quite a bit. I have no idea whether or not it will work faster, but I would think they all work about the same.

oursfan,

I am very intrigued by the fact that your doc told you to cleanse with vinegar. How long after your laser treatment did you begin to use the vinegar? Also, did your doc explain why he/she wanted you to cleanse with vinegar?

MaryTheres,

It's been years since I had the laser surgery so I am not exactly sure.... Probably a few days afterward.... I don't believe that the Dr. explained why they wanted me to cleanse with vinegar. Sorry, I can't remember.

Just found these websites:

http://coastdermatology.com/html/laserresurf.htm

http://www.emedicine.com/ent/topic92.htm

They basically say that vinegar is used so it won't scab.