Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really cannot take this anymore. I don't know who to talk to at all. I had such high hopes that my face was going to clear up and now I know it isn't going to happen. My birthday is tomorrow and I just wanted to look pretty one day. That is all I wanted and I know that won't happen now. I kept telling myself by this date my face will be clear and it just isn't happening and I can't try anyting else just to be dissapointed again. This may sound crazy but I go back to school in a few weeks and if my face isn't better instead of going back I think I might just take my life. After making this decision I have never felt better in my life. I was listening to this song on the radio that said shed yoru earthy skin and learn to fly. That is just what I want to do. I want to shed this stupid earthy skin that i have been cursed with. It crazy when something so stupid can bring you so down. I have never been down like this in my life always a very postive person through all my large and small trials in life. To me though this isn't small it has destoryed my life. I have been going to college and had a 4.0 and i took just two stupid summer classes and ruined my GPA just because I am so depressed over how I look. I use to always tell myself that atleast I have my GPA but now I have nothing. Thanks for reading and listening.

I really cannot take this anymore. I don't know who to talk to at all. I had such high hopes that my face was going to clear up and now I know it isn't going to happen. My birthday is tomorrow and I just wanted to look pretty one day. That is all I wanted and I know that won't happen now. I kept telling myself by this date my face will be clear and it just isn't happening and I can't try anyting else just to be dissapointed again. This may sound crazy but I go back to school in a few  weeks and if my face isn't better instead of going back I think I might just take my life. After making this decision I have never felt better in my life. I was listening to this song on the radio that said shed yoru earthy skin and learn to fly. That is just what I want to do. I want to shed this stupid earthy skin that i have been cursed with.  It crazy when something so stupid can bring you so down. I have never been down like this in my life always a very postive person through all my large and small trials in life. To me though this isn't small it has destoryed my life. I have been going to college and had a 4.0  and i took just two stupid summer classes and ruined my GPA just because I am so depressed over how I look. I use to always tell myself that atleast I have my GPA but now I have nothing. Thanks for reading and listening.

You have a beautiful smile. I bet you are a very sweet girl and you make a lot of people in your life very happy. Please, don't take the joy that is you away from the world. Hang in there, skin has amazing healing powers. Things will get better w/ time.

I really cannot take this anymore. I don't know who to talk to at all. I had such high hopes that my face was going to clear up and now I know it isn't going to happen. My birthday is tomorrow and I just wanted to look pretty one day. That is all I wanted and I know that won't happen now. I kept telling myself by this date my face will be clear and it just isn't happening and I can't try anyting else just to be dissapointed again. This may sound crazy but I go back to school in a few  weeks and if my face isn't better instead of going back I think I might just take my life. After making this decision I have never felt better in my life. I was listening to this song on the radio that said shed yoru earthy skin and learn to fly. That is just what I want to do. I want to shed this stupid earthy skin that i have been cursed with.  It crazy when something so stupid can bring you so down. I have never been down like this in my life always a very postive person through all my large and small trials in life. To me though this isn't small it has destoryed my life. I have been going to college and had a 4.0  and i took just two stupid summer classes and ruined my GPA just because I am so depressed over how I look. I use to always tell myself that atleast I have my GPA but now I have nothing. Thanks for reading and listening.

The song could be referring to figuratively - not just literally - "shedding your earthly skin," too, you know. I realize it's important to you to look a certain way, but one lesson to learn from all of this is that it shouldn't be everything. The less you focus on your appearance, the more you can attend to the things that make you truly beautiful.

You have so many other things going for you, that count for so much more than acne. You are a very pretty girl, and you're obviously smart, and ambitious (I never had a 4.0, and I turned out okay, so imagine where you could go with that!), and very perceptive and sensitive - so concentrate (in addition to staying strong and healthy and treating your acne) on those things.

You won't regret it. Life is really too good to waste on sorrow over acne. I know, because I've been there, too.

Hang in, girl. Life will get better for someone like you.

:o)

I'm so sorry to hear how you're feeling.

Most people who posted before me have already offered such wonderful, wise and comforting words - I wish I could say more.

All I can think to say is please, please hold on.

We sometimes make the right decisions, and sometimes we don't, but we usually do our best with what we know at that time. Many times, we can turn ourselves and our lives around with support and faith. Taking your life, however, is a decision that is irreversible, and I agree that it would be such a loss to those around you. The pain you feel will be gone (which I feel is what you truly want to lose, rather than your life) but will live on through others and their sadness and feeling they failed somehow in seeing or helping enough.

I know what's it's like not to have anyone to talk to, to feel lonely, and it's not a happy feeling. But please try to remember that there is still so much worth living for, that things will get better, and that we believe in you.

This is in no way to lessen the worth of your pain, but I simply hope you can do whatever you must to make your way through this difficult time.

I had once written a simple song, and it began as an encouragement to myself. At first, I wasn't so satisfied with it, worried that it might sound typical somehow, but I have grown to appreciate it, and now I view it as a song that can be an encouragement to others. Here is a little excerpt:

V.3

Baby, don’t be blinded

Don’t let the negativity find its way and stir your soul

You find you’re not at peace, you don’t feel whole

V.4

Don’t be discouraged, don’t be weary

I know you want to hide, hold it inside

But a world of opportunities is waiting, if you’d only

Ch.

Try

Take one day at a time

You’ll see there’s always a new way

If you just believe

All you need to do is set your sights high

And try

You may not gain all you hoped for, or maybe you will gain so much more

But you’ll find, yeah you’ll find where you belong, hold on

You know what, there was a guy on here about a year and a half ago that did take his life over acne. His parents, his family, this board were devastated. That's one of the reasons why I left, it was hard to handle. He was a great kid, just couldn't handle the acne. But, you know what, this is a small part of your life. There are bigger and better things out there that you shouldn't let acne ruin. I know it doesn't seem like it, but this too shall pass. smile.gif Please know that you should never do something so hurtful just because of acne. I know it hurts, trust me, I know. Please email me if you need to. But, I have witnessed acne taking someones life and it ruined a lot of other people's lives. Your parents love you and do you know how crushed they would be? Why don't you tell me what you do for acne and let's see if we can find you a better regime. Take care and keep your head up.

Brandi

I posted on this forum a while ago and I, like you, was very depressed. I have decided however that life is so full of opportunity. I know it sounds cliche but i believe it is true. I still sometimes struggle with my acne scars but i believe that realising that there will be good days and bad days is part of the process of overcoming your insecurities and depressive nature. Also, the beauty about being human is a little thing called unconditional love. I will assume that your parents love you for who you are. There will always be people who love you no matter what. Don't think for a second that anybody else is better than you because they have clear skin. Please do not contemplate suicide. When the thought sometimes crosses my mind, I find some time to spend alone outside away from the constraints of everyday life. Nature is so peacefull and calming. Please try it. If you have a positive outlook on life and develop a positive attitude, your personality will outshine your minor imperfections.

Guest >:(

Have you tried sleeping away the part of the day that you cannot drink away?

You know what, there was a guy on here about a year and a half ago that did take his life over acne. His parents, his family, this board were devastated. That's one of the reasons why I left, it was hard to handle. He was a great kid, just couldn't handle the acne. But, you know what, this is a small part of your life. There are bigger and better things out there that you shouldn't let acne ruin.

I posted on this forum a while ago and I, like you, was very depressed. I have decided however that life is so full of opportunity. I know it sounds cliche but i believe it is true. I still sometimes struggle with my acne scars but i believe that realising that there will be good days and bad days is part of the process of overcoming your insecurities and depressive nature. Also, the beauty about being human is a little thing called unconditional love. I will assume that your parents love you for who you are. There will always be people who love you no matter what. Don't think for a second that anybody else is better than you because they have clear skin. Please do not contemplate suicide. When the thought sometimes crosses my mind, I find some time to spend alone outside away from the constraints of everyday life. Nature is so peacefull and calming. Please try it. If you have a positive outlook on life and develop a positive attitude, your personality will outshine your minor imperfections.

This may be an unpopular thing to say, but if someone is in that much mental pain I am happy that at least they aren't suffering day in day out anymore. Obviously the right thing to have happened is to be able to overcome those negative feelings or maybe even cure the acne and scarring itself, but life isn't always that way. If you can't take it and want to get out i don't have a problem with that. Plus thousands of people die everyday from hunger, disease and war. If we reacted to all those pointless deaths we'd never do anything but cry and mourn.

Silent Scream, I hope you had a happy birthday regardless! Please post and let us know how you are doing. I know folks have probably said this to you, but you are still quite young and perhaps your acne will get better with time. But you might consider the regimine, or talk to your parents about a derm, or talk to the Uni dr.'s if you have that option. And yes, I think what the song is telling you is metaphorical. If you can transcend all of the burdens you feel in this earthly, appearance driven consumer hell we all live in and let the inner you, THE REAL YOU shine through, then you will have achieved what most folks don't learn until their time has truly come. Your picture shows that you are a very beautiful young woman. Don't be cursed by other's standards of beauty. They are all cows following a herd of misinterpretations.

In terms of your GPA, please don't worry too much about it. If you are early in your Uni career, and don't have over 50 credit hours yet, you should be able to get it back up to something you are comfortable with. Also remember that if you are concerned because you have plans for grad school, depending on the program you're interested in, most have a 3.2 or 3.5 cut off. I'm working on a PhD in Literature, and I know a lot about hoop jumping, etc., so if you want to talk about those issues I'm available, PM me.

Sorry I didn't not reply and I really appreciated all the messages I was left. I did later that day attempt suicide. Since then though I have learned from it and I grown. I was taken off my acne medication because they said it may cause depression. My acne actually looks worse because of this and I don't even really care anymore. I am just happy to be home now. I guess I am going to just concentrate on school now. I checked my gpa and it only went down to a 3.928 so I am doing okay I suppose. I am only a sophomore in college so I probably can bring it back up before graduate school.

Goldirocks... what grad school are you attending? and I wasn't aware of what my GPA had to be.. That makes me feel better.

You look pretty damned hot to me.

And your GPA doesn't mean anything once you get into the real world. And 3.928 shouldn't disqualify you from any grad schools, so don't worry about it. Good luck bringing it back up, and I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

silentscream, i am glad you are feeling more settled now sweetie. Please be strong, we are all here on this earth to complete our life and nothing is expected of us but to try. I believe the more challenging our lives are, the bigger the rewards we reap. Pray and remember that you are never alone. eusa_angel.gif